Megane mk2 1.6 16V FUSE BOX ISSUE!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kush
Currently Drives:: Megane ii 1.6 VVT

Megane mk2 1.6 16V FUSE BOX ISSUE!

Postby kush » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Hello, i have a problem with my megane 2004 1.6 16v. And i found out whats causing the problem, the fuse box on the engine bay somehow got wet and shorted something i guess and i tried to remove all the cables from it but one was stuck then i pulled it hard and i got it out but i saw inside it melted a little bit so i cleaned it up i fixed the connector but i opened the fuse box and i inspected for any damage then i found a little relay or somethng like that is a little bit melted as well, i cant read the writings on it because it melted on top so i dont want to risk it and put it back like that. What i am looking for is, if someone has a diagram or something of the parts inside the fusebox so i know what is that so i can replace it i would really appreciate it.
I am sorry for my messed up english. Thanks in advance.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Megane mk2 1.6 16V FUSE BOX ISSUE!

Postby grandadbobby » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:14 am

Hi,
no pictures in the Haynes manual and hard to find a good picture on line.
lf l were you, take a picture of your fuse box and take the relay and your picture to a Renault parts place.
lf you can't do a picture make a drawing.
Show them on the picture where it came from.
Also check the wiring underneath the fuse box, there could be similar problems there.
Good luck
Bob.

kush

Postby kush » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.. the problem is that i live in albania and its hard to find someone who knows this stuff, they only tell you to replace the whole thing which costs a lot here. I have inspected all of the other components and everything looks perfect except that one which i am unable to read the writings on it. I will take a picture when i am at home and post it here maybe someone knows.

kush

Postby kush » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Here are a couple of poctures i hope someone knows what the fried thing is?

Here is a closer pic of the burnt relat or fuse or whatever that is

kush

Postby kush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:02 pm

I managed to fix the fusebox now, i replaced the relay that was causing the problem to melt the connector. But still one problem, now the headlights work both left/right high and low beams. But left rear light doesnt work and the lights of the climate control dont light up. Whenever i replace a fuse 7B it burns right when i turn on the lights. I dont know what could this be. Can someone explain what the 7B fuse is and what could be causing the problem?

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi,
7B protects the LH side lights, switch illumination,cigarette lighter and interior multiplex module (uch)
Youve got a short to earth somewhere, probably another burnt wire.
lt's obviously in the LH sidelight wiring as that's when it blows.
Check at the bulbs first and then work along wires till you find it.
A good tip is that the front bulb wire gets quite hot from the headlights.
Good luck
Bob.

kush

Postby kush » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks for the help everyone, i managed to fix the issue by myself. I had it at local garages/electricians but they couldnt find the problem they only suggested to replace the fusebox and the headlight wiring loom but i wanted to try to fix it without replacing anything. And today i took the fusebox out and i opened it removed all the fuses and cleaned the fuses one by one with sandpaper. Then i cleaned every connector pin one by one with a small piece of sandpaper. Cleaned it with an air blower , then i put some contact spray on every connector, let it dry for a couple of hours, then i blowed one more time with air compressor and that was it. I put back every fuse to its place, install the fusebox on its place, clean all the connectors of the headlight wiring loom with a mini screwdriver connect everything to its place, and woilaaaa the car started just fine, headlights came back, tail lights are good again, and the mid console lights are back on again. So everything is working like normal now, i did not test it for long because i did not have time but i kept the car running for 30 minutes and checked for any heating up on the wires or in the fusebox everything was ok. I am sorry if i wrote too much but i tried to explain it in details what i did, so other people that have the same issue can fix it without paying anyone. I will update this thread after a few days just to let you know if its stable or not. Thank you again for trying to help!

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi,
well done and fingers crossed, but it sounds like you won.
Bob.

kush

Postby kush » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Well i drove the car today for a dew hours, and everything seems to be good, the wires are not hot nothing is melting so i guess i won haha.

I checked the wires like 50 times because i was worried but they didnt heat up, i felt just a little bit of warm but i guess that is normal because where i live we have to keep the lights on 24/7.

Thanks again, and i hope this will help someone else in the future!

kush

Postby kush » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Just wanted to update you on this, i have been driving the car a lot lately and i done more than 1000 km and the issue is fixed no more heated wires.

And i have another question and i didnt want to open a new thread so if someone knows please let me know!!
I want to know the the part number for clutch slave cylinder for megane 1.6 Vvt 2004 please if someone knows reply here!

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Your best bet is to put your reg number into eurocarparts or carspares ltd or a supplier on ebay.
lt's a gearbox off job so it might pay to do the clutch kit complete.
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”