Electrics, oh how much fun......

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meganenewb18
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.6 16v 5dr dynamique

Electrics, oh how much fun......

Postby meganenewb18 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey there, I own a megane 1.6 16v Dynamique 5dr in black and it looks pretty damn nice, It has mot until may and i paid £130 for it a few days ago. It drives really well and doesnt really give me any cause for concern, However, I was told of a few problems with the car when i bought it. Passenger window doesnt move, Trip computer constantly resets itself to 0 but the mileage (151,879) stays as it should, The radio doesnt hold its code and the clock doesnt stay set, weirder still when you get the radio to accept the code it works but doesnt have any sound coming from it even when its up at vol 25. I have already had it to National Tyres and thee little machine has said that the battery needs replaced.... so question i have is, are the above mentioned problems linked to the knackered battery?

kush
Currently Drives:: Megane ii 1.6 VVT

Re: Electrics, oh how much fun......

Postby kush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Yes it could easily be the battery, these cars are very electronic sensitive. Thats where you should start, get a new battery and test it!

Return to “Problems / Questions”