Check airbag, steering lock and cruise control probs

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

freddy4dogs
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 2

Check airbag, steering lock and cruise control probs

Postby freddy4dogs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi, can anybody shine any light on some probs I have. I have a 2007 mk 2 megane 5 door hatch. I had an intermittent check airbag message for about 2 months, it has now become a permanent message, about the same time I noticed my steering won't lock, it tries to but you can still turn the wheel with a clunking sound. Now another problem has appeared, the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel don't seem to work, but they do if I turn the switch to speed limiter. Are all of these problems connected? I'm thinking maybe a rotery switch thingy problem, would that cause all of these things to happen at once? Thanks in advance for any help.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Check airbag, steering lock and cruise control probs

Postby grandadbobby » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi,
if you had diagnostics and came up with drivers airbag, it would probably be the rotary clockspring which l think would also explain the cruise buttons.
l think the steering lock would be another issue.
Bob.

freddy4dogs
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 2

Re: Check airbag, steering lock and cruise control probs

Postby freddy4dogs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 am

thanks for your reply, the airbag light has now gone back to an intermittant problem, it seems to come on when its a cold day or night. its funny, when the weathers hot and sunny it doesnt light up much.

Return to “Problems / Questions”