Renault Key Card issues

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

markgodden2008

Renault Key Card issues

Postby markgodden2008 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:40 pm

On sunday, my renault card would not work at all. i was pressing buttons, but nothing, used the key to unlock the car but it kept setting alarm off. managed to get new batteries out of the car, and changed it, but still no joy! the car is parked where i normally park at home, not near any mobile phone masts etc. eventually without pressing any buttons the car simply unlocked on its own with my standing near it with the card, and has been working fine since. any idea what the problem might be? i need to get a second car copied, only have the one at the moment!
02, 52 reg Megane 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique in Citrus Green with 16 inch Nervastella alloys!

Redshoes
Currently Drives:: 57 Reg Megane Hatch DCi 106 Dynamique + Comfort Pack : Extreme Blue

Re: Renault Key Card issues

Postby Redshoes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi! This still an active issue?

Was it very cold at the time? I haven't come across this in practice - but in theory all the key, wireless, circuitry could have been working fine; but one or more locks could have been physically frozen. When the locks thawed a bit, the system could have finally managed to ping the things open, just a bit late in the day.

Sounds a good theory to me - but not very secure if it is what happened!

I had a similar fiasco with Megane handbrake cable at about the same date. A right pain, but the prob disappeared completly when the sun came up!
Redshoes
57 Reg Megane Hatch DCi 106 Dynamique + Comfort Pack : Extreme Blue

Return to “Problems / Questions”