sound and performance of meg after service

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

sound and performance of meg after service

Postby keeforelli » Fri May 23, 2008 2:40 pm

hi guys

just had 36k service done of my meg and it feels like it been chipped with an induction kit...proper throaty....much more mid range pull....noisier with heavy throttle but in a good way?....wondering if this would be the air filter....?..car sounded kind of whiney before ..now it sounds rorty...quite like it but wasnt expecting it....obviously everything else has been done too but this is a marked difference..

didnt ask for any mods but i think i read on here before that air filter can make it sound very different?

anyone got any thoughts on this or similar experience?...should i be posting in Mods?...not sure if i think its a problem?
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

xcz_megane

Re: sound and performance of meg after service

Postby xcz_megane » Fri May 23, 2008 10:15 pm

I changed my air filter recently and hadnt replaced the housing properly and it sounded like you describe. Make sure that its securely back in place, failing that take it back to whoever did the service and have them check it out

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Re: sound and performance of meg after service

Postby keeforelli » Sat May 24, 2008 8:36 pm

well low and behold didnt get it back to the garage before the bank holiday weekend and think its developed a subsequent fault as now it loud, rorty and lacking power....

5th time back to the garage in one month...
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

Return to “Problems / Questions”