Scenic E Brake sticking on hills - Updated

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cg084
Currently Drives:: Megane Scenic 2.0ltr VVT Dynamique

Scenic E Brake sticking on hills - Updated

Postby cg084 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2.0lts Scenic its a 2004 53 Reg with e brake.

When on a hill the e brake does not release when cold when trying to drive off using the gears. ie does not disengage automatically.

When on the flat it works perfect every time.

When on a hill if using the manual release handle the brake disengages corectly.

I have checked the brakes and the pads needed replacing which i have now done and i noticed a pistom was slightly stiff i have striped and cleaned. The brakes do not pull and there manual operation is perfect. Its only when on a hill pointing down the hill if i try to reverse backwards the e brake does not release and the rear wheels remain locked up.

Any thoughs on this. Is there a sensor on the gearbox / something to measure a tilt in order to apply additional pressure to the brakes???

The problem i am narrowing down to seems to be electric. Also the number 4 speed setting on the Fan has stopped now. just a switch i guess. I need to get this fixed either myself or last resort garage. Does anyone know what to go for in workshop manuals (Not Haynes Manuals)? Either on CD or on paper.

Many thanks.

cg084
Currently Drives:: Megane Scenic 2.0ltr VVT Dynamique

Re: Scenic E Brake sticking on hills - Updated

Postby cg084 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:42 am

Anything Anyone???

Bump

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Re: Scenic E Brake sticking on hills - Updated

Postby andywills » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 pm

if I was you, i'd take it a garge and get it checked, the last thing you want to do is start second guessing the brakes
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

Return to “Problems / Questions”