Megane 1 wont start

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Megane1owner
Currently Drives:: Megane 1

Megane 1 wont start

Postby Megane1owner » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 pm

My first post here.

Got in my 51 plate megane coupe 1.6 went to asda all fine, came out of asda got in car turned key, lights all came on fine on the dash but turn it the last bit to start the engine and there's nothing at all. It doesn't try to start or anything, just nothing.

Got a flashing light in the centre of dash that from looking in hand book it says it's the immobilizer. the key fob still works the central locking fine.

I've spent 3 hours sat in asda car park trying to find a fix or a bypass online just to get me home but everything I try doesn't work.

Am getting desperate for some help.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Megane 1 wont start

Postby freelanderuk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Hope you are still not sat there :D , try a battery disconnect leave of for 5 min and reinstall , buy a code reader from eBay an elm27 and use the torque app to see if there are any error codes
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 am

Central locking and ignition are two separate systems supported by completely different circuits in the key. One of them can be gone while the other is intact. Have you tried the second key? Have you checked the end switches on the brake and clutch pedals?

I'm not familiar with the specifics of Megane I, never had one.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

jamesjupp
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1 coupe - 2000 - 1.6 16v

Postby jamesjupp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:44 am

It sounds like the key might be broken inside. It takes a couple of minutes and a soldering iron.

If you know your radio code you can start the car. its a bit tedious to put the code in, but it will turn off the imobilisor so that you can get home.

Return to “Megane I”