egr problems

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shay.chiko
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 dci manual 5 speed 4 door saloon

egr problems

Postby shay.chiko » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 am

hi guys

i am a new owner of a megane diesel ... its great to see an owners club like my land rover club

i have a problem with my egr and my mechanic say it should be replaced but the price he asks is very high .. about 500 pound to replace to orginal part and work cost
i think its to much and i wnt to order the part but i a new and dont now the sites
any idea ??
shay

shay.chiko
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 dci manual 5 speed 4 door saloon

Re: egr problems

Postby shay.chiko » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 am

i am from israel so its probebly important for delivert
thanks
shay

GOLFER30

Postby GOLFER30 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:59 am

i would look on ebay, should find one cheap enough there.
you could try cleaning your old egr valve first, often works

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Postby taffyhl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:56 am

I had the 'toxic' fumes light on so took out the EGR to find it an oily/sooty mess. Half an hour of cleaning using Wynns EGR cleaner and was as good as new. Easy to take off, clean and test - put a 12v supply across pins 1 (negative) and 5 (positive) and I could see it opening and closing nicely. There are threads on the site for EGR removal which takes about 45 mins the first time. One extra tip is to seperate the valve from the electronic half so you can soak it without danger of damaging the electronics. And to clean out the pipe it fits into (carefully). If it's really sooty I would take off the intercooler pipe just above it as mine was so sooty it was stopping the flow from the EGR.

In the UK a genuine Pierburg EGR is around £130 or £200 from Renault. RamInduction.co.uk supply Renault parts and ship world wide and have an ebay shop.

I would also get a cheap ODBCII reader and download the Torque Pro app from Google play. I used this to clear the EGR related fault code and then to check it hasn't returned after the clean up.

Return to “Megane Sedan”