Megane has gone to the autobahn in the sky

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Namrood
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Hatchback 1.6 VVT Dynamique 5d

Megane has gone to the autobahn in the sky

Postby Namrood » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 pm

HI fokes

Sad day yesterday... My 54 plate Megane died.. Ending in a a big ball of smoke...

Was taking my mum to hospital and the car started to judder, there was no power. I did have the engine management light on and the car for sometime had reported that there was a problem with both 02 sensors and camshaft sensor.

I did replace the pre-cat sensor and cleaned the post-cat sensor. On Thursday my airbag light came on and would not go off, even after unplugging/cleaning and re-plugging the parts under the seat.

but as I left the hospital grounds the car started to judder again.. Then my dash lit up like an xmas tree. Rev counter needle shot into the red, and there was plumes of smoke behind me, and then the car died on me. Lucky for me I managed to coast to a safe place and park.

Called out the guys from the garage I work at who towed me to the garage. They couldn't get it working. Then a trader who uses our garage popped in to get some bits and offered me £500 for the car so I cut my losses and took it (taking out all my stuff and the stereo (double din) and console I had modified for it, but gave him the original console and stereo.

But I needed a replacement car, so I went along to the traders yard/forecourt and found a 206cc (on a 51 plate) for £995. Drives quite well but a few bits need fixing but its only gonna tie me over till bonus time when I get paid (in 3 months).

I am now going to be selling a few bits that I have, so they will be listed in the "For Sale" section shortly.

I did love the car (only had it a month) may buy another or go a bit flashy and get Renault Vel Satis (for that bit of luxury) LOL!!!

Thanks for all the help everyone has given me for my short ownership

umairkhan
Currently Drives:: pakistan

Re: Megane has gone to the autobahn in the sky

Postby umairkhan » Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 am

I am now going to be selling a few bits that I have, so they will be listed in the "For Sale" section shortly.

I did love the car (only had it a month) may buy another or go a bit flashy and get Renault Vel Satis (for that bit of luxury) LOL!!!

Thanks for all the help everyone has given me for my short ownership

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Megane has gone to the autobahn in the sky

Postby Stranger » Mon May 25, 2015 4:22 pm

R.I.P. umairkhan's Megane.

Vel Satis ......... do it, if you can find a decent one at a reasonable price. I often used to get one as a loan car from the dealer manager whenever my Meg II was in, what a motor, kitted out to the hilt, comfy as anything and went like stink! Saw a good looking one yesterday and felt a wee bit envious.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Megane Sedan”