Radio and accessories turn off after 20min

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jusgif
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.6 v16 Expression 2005

Radio and accessories turn off after 20min

Postby jusgif » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:15 am

Good day

I have recently bought a second hand Renault Megane II 1.6 v16 Expression 2005 and I have noticed that when the engine is off the radio, cigar socket, display and other accessories turn off after 20 minutes then you need to press the start button in order to turn those things on again. Is there a way to disable this feature or even extend that time?

Also another unrelated question but when you press the boot button on the remote should the boot just unlock or should the boot actually open? (If the latter is the case I think my pneumatics are too weak)

Thank you very much

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Radio and accessories turn off after 20min

Postby Stranger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 pm

The time 20, 30, 15 minutes whatever is a pretty standard safety measure on most cars to save battery power. I don't know of a way of disabling it, and tbh I wouldn't want to.

AFAIK the button on the remote simply unlocks the boot whilst not unlocking the rest of the car, say for instance if you have some shopping that you want to pop in the boot and before going on to other shops.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:33 pm

it will only unlock it ,you have to manually lift the boot lid
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Postby petepete » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 am

So to get your radio on, you will have had to insert the key card to get the ignition on...

At this point i would warn against ever leaving your car in this state even if you take the key card out and with you.

Whilst investigating the wiring system for a mod on my megane, i discovered once the ignition has been activated by the keycard and it is removed with the ignition left on - a press of the start button will flash up "card

not detected" and the car will not start. Good security i thought....

However,

I cant see it applying to just my car, but be warned with the ignition on and no keycard it takes 2 seconds to sit in my car and remove something that stops the "card not detected" message that then allows the car to be

started without the keycard and driven off...

2 seconds :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And assuming renaults with the keycard system are all wired up the same.....

Return to “Megane Sedan”