Megane 2 cabin air fan again!

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Cooper505
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 2009 1.9dci

Megane 2 cabin air fan again!

Postby Cooper505 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:55 am

Hello everyone, I think a lot has been covered on this topic but I am still struggling to find out what I think I need.

The cabin air (aircon/ heating) fan in my 2009 Megane 1.9 diesel right hand drive sedan, has suddenly and completely died. I was driving the city today in 36 celsius and about 90% humidity so this is a pretty sticky issue to say the least. When I last used the car, about a week ago, it was all fine. The aircon by the way has never seemed overly effective and I had planned to have it checked at next service. Step one was the check the fuse, which looked fine.

From what I am reading, it seems the most likely culprit is the resistor. I also read that this usually means the fan may sometimes still work on high but not on lower settings. It seems that if not the resistor, then it may be the control switch or finally the fan unit itself.

So, I am thinking to replace the switch first, if that is not it, then replace the resistor, and if thats not it, the fan motor unit. If thats not it, I shall go and abuse my neighbour, never liked him much anyway.

Can anyone please tell me if I have this right? Renault dealers here are horrifically expensive here, of course....

Thanks in advance, Cooper.

snapdragon

Re: Megane 2 cabin air fan again!

Postby snapdragon » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm

For me it was the fan connector, very poor quality. There is a video on youtube - the fan is a bayonet fit into the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k6GNjcODy0

Gumby6371
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dci 86 3 door

Re: Megane 2 cabin air fan again!

Postby Gumby6371 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:11 am

Had the same issue on my Megane plus other cars.

It is usually the resistor, cheap enough on ebay, fiddly to fit but doable with youtube guides.

Sometimes you need a resistor with a loom repair kit so might be worth checking for melted connections before ordering the part
If you think its a pig of a job on a Megane try doing a 307! took me 4 hours and had to strip most of the dash to do the other halfs car :shock:

Gareth

Return to “Megane Sedan”