2nd hand, no manual.. Help!

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ScottPAyers
Currently Drives:: Renault MEGANE Coupe (DZ0_) 1.6 16V (DZ0U). 1598cc. 110hp. 2010 TomTom

2nd hand, no manual.. Help!

Postby ScottPAyers » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi,

Just purchased a 2nd hand Renault MEGANE Coupe (DZ0_) 1.6 16V (DZ0U). 1598cc. 110hp. 2010 TomTom.

After having spent many days looking for resolutions to my problems, I have had to give in and ask the forum.

Here goes..

1) Is there a way to stop the A/C being on as a default when you start the engine?

2) I cannot connect Iphone5 to my Megane; Is there a way to 'make this happen' ? I have looked for past paring in the menu's and there is no such option. I have tried looking for my car on my phone, and it doesn't show. Do I need to update my car software? Is there an App for my Iphone I have been able to find?

3) Do I need to update my car software? Some sites say I do, using my USB port. I don't have one of these so that wont work... Is this a garage job?

4) Is there a way that I can change the aux ports (red and white cable input) to USB or something similar (and more up to date)? I cant find anywhere that offers advice on products and compatibility.

5) My car came without a parcel shelf. Any ideas where to get one of these? I have tried all the scrappy/breakage sites but nothing. There are some on ebay for similar modals and to the eye they look compatible but I am not sure they would fit (and are miles away to go try).

6) The three dials on the dash for Heat, blower speed and blower location are not illuminated; is this normal? I cant find reference anywhere on how to fix this is it is just a bulb/fuse issue.

Sorry for all the Q's folks.. Even if you can point me in the direction of one resolution, that would be brill-o-pads.

Scotty :) :)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: 2nd hand, no manual.. Help!

Postby AlexB » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi, Scotty, and welcome.

Download the factory workshop manuals from here:
https://www.getflat.co.uk/phcdownload/up ... /megane_3/

Download the user manual from here:
https://www.renaulteurodrive.com.au/reso ... e_2012.pdf

The AC is on because the window blower is selected. It is an annoying feature.

I am not a fan of iPhone; Android ROM work just fine.

Without a USB port the radio is not upgradable. You need to be more specific about the model of the radio to make sure.

Don't fiddle with the analogue inputs; use Bluetooth.

The reference to the fuses is in the workshop manual linked above.

Best of luck!
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Megane III”