hesitation/misfire

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

hesitation/misfire

Postby Phil and Liz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 pm

anyone else getting a slight misfire on light throttle in high gears ?

2012 ,1.5 dci 110bhp with 26000 so shouldn't be due a fuel filter just yet, mpg seems to be dropping as well but that could be the sub zero temps meaning the car is heating up before setting off.

also has anyone else commented on the series 3 not being as stable as a series 2, i thought it was just me but the other night my wife was driving and i noticed she was forever correcting the steering. Not big amounts, just like it wasn't tracking straight.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

andrewwat
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci coupe

Re: hesitation/misfire

Postby andrewwat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes, i have the same issue. Mine is a 61 plate 1.5dci coupe 110bhp with 50k on the clock.
Car will not pull cleanly in any gear above third between 1500 and 1800 rpm when under load. I changed the fuel filter and it has made no difference, also mpg is a lowly 36. If yours is still in warranty i suggest you have it looked at. If you do find out what the issue is posting it on here would be great.

andrewwat
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci coupe

Postby andrewwat » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Just a quick update, i took out and cleaned the egr value yesterday. It was very clogged up with carbon, amazing considering the age and mileage. Engine now feels much smoother and responsive between 1000 and 1800 rpm. Problem is still there although no where near as bad. Not sure what to try next? No fault codes or messsges recorded.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:03 pm

my 62 plate is with the dealers at the moment with a list of niggles, two of which are 'check anti pollution' and the hesitation, garage has reported they are fitting an exhaust flap (not sure what it is but i assume its stopping the particulates being burnt off) hopefully this might cure both of em.

One another item was front screen misting up and they say they have cleared the windscreen drain tubes, they also recommended that the pollen filter should be changed. Cost £79, what are they made of, that rare material UNOBTANIUM ?

gonna check out ebay and fit it myself
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Got it back this morning, so far so good, smooth pick up and no warning lights. Computer had been reset so was able to check out instant mpg, was showing 18mpg and 0.1 gallons used, assume this is when they were checking after repair, on way home i managed to get it up to 50mpg so looking like it may be going back to what it was before.

Overall the dealer experience was excellent, in addition to the warranty work they had done a safety check, tyres brakes etc, topped up the screen wash and oil at no cost.
Top class service, surprisingly from Arnold Clark who used to have the worst reputation for service. Top marks and a quote for the next service of £165
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:58 am

It's probably FAP, not flap...
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:40 am

alex, i thought that as well when i was told over the phone and queried it when collecting the guy said it was the exhaust flap that was not opeing to allow the burn off
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Return to “Megane III”