Megane lll 2015- loaded!!

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

thekid
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3Dr Coupe Dynamique TomTom ENERGY TCe 115 stop&start 2015

Megane lll 2015- loaded!!

Postby thekid » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:35 pm

I know I've already posted this as a 'newbie' in Introductions, so Admin please cut us a tiny bit of slack, as I've just found this part of the site.

I have just taken delivery of the 2015 new, new MEGANE MK3 COUPE 1.2 TCE which has all the bells and whistles on it at no extra cost,
as Renault are bringing out their NEW Megane model in 2016. I have seen pictures of what people think it will look like and I for one will not be buying it.
The reasons are as follows:-
1) they have destroyed the styling in favour of a mass appeal same boring look, NO character.
2) Renault do not listen to their customers- STILL.
3) Customer Service UK are still at the mercy of Renault France.

My Megane, although a very nice car is beset by stupid silly things which bring it down. I therefore contacted Renault UK who contacted FRANCE.

1) Heating and Ventilation - the fan speed goes from 1-8 not 0-8 (as in a normal car) ie YOU CANNOT SWITCH THE FAN OFF!! using the fan buttons
but you can switch the entire system OFF, which WILL switch the fan OFF or 0.
Renaults answer for this is:- " that's the way it is"....................................( so, are there any other vehicles like this?)

2) The removal of 'height adjustable front seat belts'
Renaults answer:- we give the Drivers seat, height adjustment so there's no need to adjust the seat belts. ( so what happens to the passenger seat/belts as
there's no height adjustment on this seat..............nonsense!!

3) The Re-design of rear of Headlights/ no pic's or video, no E-Guide,no information anywhere, even at R/Dealers. Owners 2014 Book shows OLD UNITS.
Renaults answer:- um..um... um...

4) Unable to operate electric windows without starting car first. Yes that's right, even with the 'hands free card' in your pocket.
Renaults answer:- "Turn ignition ON, you can now operate the windows"..................sorry I don't wish to drive the car only to open the windows.
Even pushing the START BUTTON once. foot off the pedals, the windows will not work.
I have since found out from my garage how to operate the Megane's windows all be it for a max' of 3 minutes and will gladly share this with Renault
should they get in touch.
Apart from these niggles its a very nice car.
I will be extremely grateful if anyone has any relevant and useful information that could or would help me and others and RENAULT in putting these matters to rest.

MANY THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE

Tj1325
Currently Drives:: 2009 Renault Megane 1.5 dci

Re: Megane lll 2015- loaded!!

Postby Tj1325 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:12 am

Strange that, I have an 09 megane and it too drives me mad that I cannot open the windows unless I start the car but it seems it lets you for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off, grrr. What's the secret then to this?.

thekid
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3Dr Coupe Dynamique TomTom ENERGY TCe 115 stop&start 2015

Postby thekid » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:27 am

HI Tj
what kind of entry system do you have..........key, card,hands free?
do you have a start stop system and a start stop button or conventional?
when did you speak to Renault or a dealer about this?

thekid

Postby thekid » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Has TJ left the building?????????

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 pm

In my 2010 the passenger seat is height-adjustable, the windows operate as soon as the card is in, and the fan switches off properly by hand. I'm quite happy with the options too: comfortable suspension, 19'' wheels and LSD.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Megane III”