cold cold diesel

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

cold cold diesel

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Last week I got stuck in a snowstorm for over an hour, the engine was left running to try and keep warm. OK thetemperature was at or just below freezing but the temperature guage never moved past the first block and the car itself was coldish, some heat was making its way into the cabin. Would have thought ticking over stationary would have at least got it to normal temperature. Another poster had a exhaust flap replaced, mine was done about 2 years ago after i had an engine warning light come on. This cold running probably explains the poor mpg in winter, engine always thinks its cold so computer over fuels even though not needed. In the old days I would have changed the thermostat or fitted a radiator blind. When I finally got moving on a diverted route ended up being rear ended by a young girl in a 66 plate astra, couple of scrapes, broken reflector and split lower trim on n/s/r, hers looks a bit worse. Insurers are sending Auto Restore out to fix it at my home on wednesday, hope they dont think they can repair the split, it needs a new one! Has anyone used them before ? Supposed to be part of Auto Glass group.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Megane III”