I think I've bought a bad one

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Alex801
Currently Drives:: Megane 3 dci

I think I've bought a bad one

Postby Alex801 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi all. Alex here all I seem to have is bad luck renault.
Head gasket on a dci laguna. Dephaser pulley on a megane 2 and now iv bought this megane 3 here goes

2011 megane 1.5dci
62k miles
Bits n bobs of service history including belt done
Bought from a dealers for 4500 on finance

Couple days after I got the car I noticed oil on driveway. Had a pokè about and thought it was crank seal so took it back. Garage had it 7 days and said it wasn't crank seal but cam seal.

Two days later same again so took it back. Told the cam end had scratches on and dI don't seal so the cam shaft itself was replaced. Garage had it ten days

Next day still a drip of oil took it back told a gasket was fitted incorectly garage had it 5 days

Picked it up and drive it home and the top end towards left of engine developed a knocking tapping. Friend mechanic said sounds like a rocker arm. So phoned the garage and he sent a recovery truck within an hour with my courtesy car on to swap over. Before it left me I lifted oil cap and there was a good amount of blow by coming out in fact oil spatter covered me.

Garage phoned today and told me it's a bad injector now. I don't buy this. I'm thinking piston rings. With the bow bye. And the effort needed to cure oil leaks popping up. I no a bad injector can knock and bang but this didn't sound like an injector to me sounded cam related.

An injector wouldn't cause bad blow by would it? It turns a bit before it starts also and I also think it's underpowered before turbo range

Please don't all say.... give it back mate ur a mug lol I no I am it's the garages last chance iv told them I want pressures testing I think it's bottom end related. The dealer gave me his invoice for parts and labour that top £1000 which obviously he's footed since I bought it. Sorry iv drowned on. What do you guys think

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: I think I've bought a bad one

Postby craigyt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 am

Just keep taking it back untill the issues are sorted! If he wants to keep throwing money at it let him!

Its a pain the the arse butif all else fails he will have to drop an engine in anyway!

Alex801
Currently Drives:: Megane 3 dci

Re: I think I've bought a bad one

Postby Alex801 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 am

I'm so torn between doing the above and pretty much ending up with a new engine or just giving the car bk and getting another. Only thing is there's no guarantees the next car won't bollox up in a year n I have foot the bill by that time

Return to “Megane III”