Megane 3 weird electrical things happening

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DAVIDCORLETT
Currently Drives:: Megan 3 1.5GT sports tourer

Megane 3 weird electrical things happening

Postby DAVIDCORLETT » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi all,
I have a 2011 1.5gt . We have had the car as a family run about for the last 2 and a half years and has been superb. Good economy etc with no issues until last week and I hope someone here may be able to point me in the right direction.....my wife does a round run of about 14 miles per day, school and to work and back. Last week she commented that on her way to work a brake warning had come on. I booked in the car into our local garage as we had recently come back from a trip to Germany so thought possible that the pads were worn down and the sensors were warning. After inspection, all pads were fine. The garage cleared the fault and off she went. Same thing happened the following day so I took the car to work that night. I drove like an idiot to see if I could raise the same fault but nothing.
She drove to Birmingham this morning and all was ok. This evening on the way back she had the fault reoccurring at least 30 times. Each time she noticed that the radio would switch off briefly but she also noticed as if the engine had dropped itself into safe mode as the was no acceleration on 2 occasions.
I have checked all the connections I can get my hands on but no issue can be found. Do these suffer if the battery isn't strong? Or are there other known gremlins lurking?
Each time the fault clears to only come back after some time. On the motorway it was often, on the smaller roads it was less often but the STOP light comes on with the handbrake indicator then clears.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave

Return to “Megane III”