The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

copas
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe MK3

Fuses - location/layout

Postby copas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi all,

megane3, I-music 10 plate petrol

Recently managed to blow the cigarette lighter outlet fuse with one of those mini tyre inflators which must have been on the end of its 1 month lifespan!!!

looked in the owners manual to find a layout of 19 fuses in the glovebox. When I looked in the glovebox there were actually around 25 in reality. After a bit of googling I found other people had found a discrepancy between owners manual and whats actually there in some French cars. Just posting to help anyone who finds the same as I have now fixed the blown fuse;

If you keep looking at the layout in the fusebox a pattern emerges that does match the owners manual in places. Just locate the left hand two in the manual and it all falls into place. Just to confuse, mine had fuses in place for equipment not even fitted to my car i.e sat nav, electronic parking brake, luggage accessory socket. some hints;

The layout in the owners manual does match to some degree the fuses in the glovebox
Access this by a small pull off panel inside the glovebox
There is no labeling of fuses in the glovebox i.e which does what - you will need a diagram/owners manual
there may be tweezers and three spare fuses on the back of this panel if previous owner has not removed
The cigarette lighter fuse is a 10A
The cowling gets in the way of the fuses, so access by the passengers side may be easier to pull fuses out unless you are lefthanded

Anyone know anything about the fuses that are mentioned as "dealer replacement only" in the handbook or if there if there is a second fusebox under the bonnet?? maybe the Haynes manual has more info on this area?

Return to “Megane III”