Auto gear box

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Worstluck
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe 2009 mk3 cvt

Auto gear box

Postby Worstluck » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 am

Hi all only just joined this site and was hoping I could pick your brains on a few things.

I have a 09 Megane coupe auto and when I accelerate it stays at top revs 6000 for a while before changing gear is this normal? I only drive auto's and usually find the car like to change up gear as soon as possible but my Megane doesn't, it still drives smooth and nice but just concerned I've bought yet another dud.
Also I'm struggling to find parts for it (it was cheap so needs a little doing here n there) I'm no expert but isn't £150 a bit much for an electric folding wing mirror used and have no idea where to find replacement seats :(

Has anyone fitted an after market gps system that can give me advice on where to find one please.

Still learning about the car but if I have any problems I know where to come now to find the answers - really want to be keeping this car going for a fair few years.

candleman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane3 Sports Tourer 1.5dci 110 Expression+

Re: Auto gear box

Postby candleman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi Worstluck,

Have you checked your gearbox oil? It could be low or really dirty. Both can cause the symptoms you describe, flush out & change the oil. It sounds as the car you have bought is a high mileage motor. Whats the year and whats on the clock?

£150 for an electric folding mirror sounds about right for a genuine complete Renault door mirror. Shop around on eBay you should get a second hand one for less, but will probably need painting.That goes for seats too, eBay is a good place to start, I think I saw a complete set of grey seats & matching door cards for £350 a while back.

Google "Renault Megane III - project blog", fitting after market GPS & nav system is described there.

Candleman
How many more times, it's not an estate it's a SPORTS TOURER
Azzuro Blue 1.5dci 110 Expression+ Sports Tourer

Return to “Megane III”