Changing Rear Bulb

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

OliRose1994
Currently Drives:: 2009/59 Mégane 1.6 Coupe; 2006/55 Hyundai Coupe SE.

Changing Rear Bulb

Postby OliRose1994 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey, guys.

I have a 59-plate Mégane Coupe, and the rear nearside brake light doesn't seem to be illuminating anymore. I've bought a pair of bulbs, and I thought it would be an easy job: I looked in the manual, and it says to unscrew the two nuts on the inside & the one screw on the outside and then pull the unit out. Unscrewing the nuts and the screw was easy - but it seems that there is still something holding the cluster in-place when it comes to pulling it out.

I've had a look around on both Google and YouTube - but all of the videos are for five door models. I've provisionally booked it in at a Renault dealer near me for tomorrow - but I've since read-up that it can cost extortionate amounts when done at a dealer. There is, obviously, the option of Halfords - but I'm even skeptical about that (as it says their rear bulb change costs are FROM £5 - meaning it can only go up).

Has anyone else encountered this issue before? If so - is it just a case of pulling a bit harder, or have I missed something?

Thanks very much

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Re: Changing Rear Bulb

Postby steve-t » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:17 pm

There is a bulb end stud that goes into a rubber gromit to locate it.
Pull straight back it will be a little stiff.
Steve

gib123

Re: Changing Rear Bulb

Postby gib123 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 am

Undo the screws and pull .... hard

Return to “Megane III”