MEGANE MK3 NO POWER TO ENTIRE CAR AFTER INSTALLING SOUND SYSTEM

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Crashbangspen
Currently Drives:: 2013 megane 1.5dci carminat tom tom

MEGANE MK3 NO POWER TO ENTIRE CAR AFTER INSTALLING SOUND SYSTEM

Postby Crashbangspen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 am

Hello everyone I have a 2013 megane 1.5dci with the carminat tomtom system, I wanted to install a new head unit, sub and amp. Head unit was the biggest pain but manged to get it working by connecting the power to the 12v socket.

With that sorted and the sun starting to fade away I rushed the sub and amp install which I now regret because I forgot to disconnect the negative battery terminal but didn't realise until I attempted to connect the earth from the amp to a screw in the boot. (The red 4awg wire complete with fuse was connected to the battery and ran to the amp, the earth cable was also connected to the amp)

As I touched the earth to the metal screw I saw sparks and quickly went to disconnect the negative terminal. But before I did I wanted to see if the radio was still working, it wasn't. I then found out that all power to my car is gone, no hazard lights, doors won't remotely unlock and the car won't even think about starting. I have checked the fuses in the radio, glove box and the 2 fuse boxes in the engine compartment ( the one with the red plastic sliders holding it in and the smaller one just below that is a right pain to get to) but I have not found any blown fuses.

I am hoping that there is something simple I have missed like a main fuse or relay that distributes power to the whole car but after around 4 hours searching I am still none the wiser. Hopefully someone has had this problem before and can help me to get going again as this is very frustrating and I have no use of my car until it's sorted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and sorry in advance for being so dopey. :mad

Thanks,

Spen.

candleman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane3 Sports Tourer 1.5dci 110 Expression+

Re: MEGANE MK3 NO POWER TO ENTIRE CAR AFTER INSTALLING SOUND SYSTEM

Postby candleman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

There are a set of master fuses in a box bolted behind the battery. The box sit vertically between the battery & air box and needs to be unbolted after disconnecting the battery to get to it. I would check these first as most people don't know they are there

Candleman
How many more times, it's not an estate it's a SPORTS TOURER
Azzuro Blue 1.5dci 110 Expression+ Sports Tourer

Return to “Megane III”