Anyone bought one yet

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Re: Anyone bought one yet

Postby Poddy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:01 pm

The megane II i had was giving me MPG Ratings of 80+ mpg, that was mostly courty driving.

i'm still not sold on the Megan III tho, prefer the Megane II
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:38 am

Poddy wrote:The megane II i had was giving me MPG Ratings of 80+ mpg, that was mostly courty driving.

i'm still not sold on the Megan III tho, prefer the Megane II

here here

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

New 2.0 TCe 180

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:31 am

And I thought my 2.0 16v with 136 HP was quick.
Now they've put 180 HP in the new 2.0!!!
I wanna drive one!

Don't get me wrong the Coupé looks fantastic, but i'm really annoyed that the ass has gone :cry:
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: New 2.0 TCe 180

Postby Paddy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:36 pm

MéganeDynamique wrote:And I thought my 2.0 16v with 136 HP was quick.

:hm

megane09
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane '04 dynamique, silver, 17 nervasport alloys.

Postby megane09 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

cant help thinking this new megane just looks like a modified vauxhall astra hmm the rs version really does look like the astra vxr especially with the exhaust in the middle. :roll:
'04 Megane Dynamique, 17' nervasports alloys

Bigfish

Postby Bigfish » Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 am

Pick my Ex demo up Saturday 1.9 Dyn. 130. Never liked the Mkll at first but soon grew to love it . The Mk lll I liked straight away so hopefully I will get to love it quicker. LCD dash is a nice little flare and if i can remember not new to Renault as I think the old RTX models used to have them years ago or am I just showing my age? Lets hope that it is as good as my old one 40k trouble free miles, its all in the way they are driven and looked after.

Bigfish
//BIGfish//

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 am

I wonder about the running costs of the meg 3. As much as I get tempted with the sports, I love driving and with its consumption I would be filling up every second day and my wife would probably confiscate the car off of me in the end.

Maybe if they come up with a 2.0dci 175bhp plus.

Bigfish

Postby Bigfish » Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 am

Picked my almost new white 1.9 130 Dyn. up on Saturday :) and said goodbye with a tear in my eye to my old trusted 1.5 106 Dyn :(

Reading though a few of the previous posts I must say that (as yet and its early days ) I haven't found any issues. The looks, "and it has turned a few heads" are stunning the equipment level on my version is great, the ICE Bose I believe is fantastic even though it resembles the cockpit of the space shuttle when trying to set it up. Blue tooth is a new toy for me and is easy to use, again one you get it set up.

Drive is very smooth and the fuel consumption averaged 58MPG without trying and running up the M40 at the recommended speed NOT!!! Round the bends sticks like the per verbal brown stuff to a blanket, with very little body roll.

I will see what develops over the next few weeks, months, hoping that it is as reliable as my MK II which apart from 1recall for injector run off pipes and 1 window regulator under warranty gave me 3 years of trouble free motoring.

Big thanks to Renault London West for the cracking deal and to Tuba for the service, I would have liked more for my old one but hey! ho! a happy man !!!
//BIGfish//

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby Paddy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

megane09 wrote:cant help thinking this new megane just looks like a modified vauxhall astra hmm the rs version really does look like the astra vxr especially with the exhaust in the middle. :roll:

That all changes when you drive one.

A VXR would be left for dust and thats before you got to a corner.

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:52 pm

A VXR would be left for dust and thats before you got to a corner.

Maybe, however its very true that the latest astra and megane have a striking similarity to them. I did do a double take when I saw one of the new astras driving past me. Lazy car design? Wheres the uniqueness gone? I'd still buy the new shape Megane over the Astra - the toilets at the service station have better designed and less plasticy interiors than the astra!

Return to “Megane III”