megane cc autolights

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ianboss01
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

megane cc autolights

Postby ianboss01 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi, can anyone help, please. My auto lights stopped working via sensor, took plastic cover off to see what was wrong and found wires were held in with tape, these all came out with pulling cover off, there are 4 wires. I went to scrapyard for another connector for sensor but they are all 3 wires on a ribbon. Can anyone please tell me which wires go where for sensor please. Would be very grateful, thanks

smilergrogan

Re: megane cc autolights

Postby smilergrogan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 pm

I had a look on Dialogys and, for my CC, it only states 'disconnect the connector' (5 in the image below). There is no mention of any separate cables, so it may be a single ribbon connector. Which model do you have?

Last edited by smilergrogan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianboss01

Postby ianboss01 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the help, i cant open attached photo. I have an 06 cc, opened cover where sensors are and 4 coloured wires where taped into sensor plug connector, which came out when i removed tape. Went to scrapyard for a new connector and had 3ribbon cable on it. If i shove these wires, i into each slot at random to try to get sensor working and keep swapping round in necessary, will this cause any harm, thanks

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:40 am

Unfortunately, I can't find anything else on Dialogys at the moment. If you can advise the four digit model variant of your car, from the label inside the door (should be top left of the label), I will check again.

ianboss01

Postby ianboss01 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks very much for your help, will do that tomorrow night and post reply

ianboss01

Postby ianboss01 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi, sorry for not replying earlier. There is a black, a blue, a red, and a green wire coming out from roof lining. Looks like normal household cable. Light sensor did work before, one of these must have come loose. Can i try putting them in each connection one at a time at random to see if i can get my auto lights and wipers back, or will it blow something if i do. Thanks

ianboss01

Postby ianboss01 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Forgot to add, on connector that should have been on, there is a ribbon cable with three wires in, are these 1 for lights, 1 for wipers, and is remaining one power, thanks

ianboss01

Postby ianboss01 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Can anyone help or advise please,am getting pretty desperate, thank you

Return to “Megane CC”