An addition to the Meg collection

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

willholdsworth
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 59 plate Megane cc Dynamique s

An addition to the Meg collection

Postby willholdsworth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Well as much as I love the CC, coming from an RS 197 to the CC 1.9 DCI was quite a performance drop, although the CC is such great fun in the summer and such a comfortable cruiser,
I really miss the Thrill of an RS, so as well as the CC...

I just got this for my Thrill needs...... Pick it up on Friday...cant wait

Megane Sport 225 2.0 Turbo

Image Owner of a 59 Plate Chipped 1.9dci CC + Inferno Orange Megane Sport 225

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: An addition to the Meg collection

Postby ChrisM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 am

Excellent should be great fun, very cheap to pick up now as well, we looked at one for the wife Same colour as well 06 plate I think, absolutly imaculate not a mark on it full service history (Renault as well) 31 k on it, he was even willing to give us £1,500 for the wife Coupe against it which would have given us £2,500 to find BARGIN!
The test drive was wicked, down the expressway like a bullet, woowhoooooo I love it! BUT coming back through Abergele in traffic it was giving less the 30mpg, road tax is sky high, and insurance, well we needed to sit down.
So we decided NOT in this case running costs where way to high, for our pifeling wages in Wales fun it was the price was just to high, and possible explaines why the salesman was alomost convulsing when we asked about it and gave us such a mad price on the wifes 1999 1.4 Red Coupe in othe rwords he wanted to get rid of this car ASAP. shame really!
One of the techs at work has just given his Blue 225 away for £3k 55 plate simply becasue he just can't afford to run it every day what with insurance and fuel he said it became a mill stone more than a fun toy, you can pick up a lot of car these days if you have th espare cash to run them.
We have just traded an 07 Saab Convertable 2.0Ltr Turbo showroom condition, 24k on it for £4 k we had it for over a month and not a sole looked at it with a view to buying it, it was as they say fully loaded, it was part xed for a Mazda3 diesel down side it was that baby poo green colour but still a stunning car, thanks to this countries stupid tax and insurance prices another one bites the dust.

Stil it looks a really nice one, have fun in it! :)

willholdsworth
Just Passed

Postby willholdsworth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:43 am

Its a 55 plate, 51k miles, just had belts done, new tyres etc I picked it up for £4800, yup the fuel consumption is not great but its better than my old Clio RS 197 can you believe. I was averaging 27 max out of that thing, the Meg 225 is getting 32.5mpg which is pretty good considering. Indeed the tax is expensive and the insurance, but all to be expected on these british roads.

Not bad for a 2nd car :)

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Thats a good price, rims look in good condition the one we looked at had a few kerb marks on the front, like I said with the current climate it gives some people a great opertunity to get a super car for little money now, we find here, wel lthe sales lads find it is insurance tha tis the biggest drian on choice you shall I or sharn't I have it, road tax is fairly stable now so you can account for it in the price of the car but insurance flyies up in price all the time most people in to buy a car from us now the biggest concern is insuring it. it was really hard this year to get mine below £230 fully comp, yet last year £230 was around half way down the list I chose 1st on the list Aviva with 10% off I think it was to get me to £228, god knows what it will be next year 3rd party I supose what with the cost of living and fuel there is no spare cash for the luxury of fully comp anymore.
I take it you are keeping the CC as well, tasty.
The wife was looking at a Volvo C30 a few weeks back as her Coupe is getting a bit long in the tooth now and after all the problems both myself with the CC had last year and now with the chap across the road with a hatch she is steering away from Renault especially the Meg 2 as they all seem to be falling apart at the moment, I think everyone we know who has one has a problem with it apart from me who seems ok apart from a little wandering which looks like a steering joint or axiel arm (all of which where done last year on both sides) And maybe the main engine mount is on its way as I get a fair bit of vibration in the cab now but only when it is cold. not mentioned that to her yet as it is rather expensive (suprise, suprise) around a ton I belive.
I think this is the only car I have ever had that you just can not get ahead cash wise as soon as you start it throws another problem at you that sucks you dry, the last time I was18 and bought a mini 1000 1970 vintage for £200 and spent every week repairing it and every penny I earnt on repairing it my mum made me sell it in the end, Ahh those where the days! :lol:

willholdsworth
Just Passed

Postby willholdsworth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah im keeping the CC, its far to good at cruising and really comfortable on a long drive and totaly mechanicly sound, well I guess it should be for the age!

Return to “Megane CC”