Air Con drain clear. How?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MrG

Air Con drain clear. How?

Postby MrG » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:22 am

My wife's CC ('57 plate) has a swimming pool in the passenger side front and rear. Even noticed water actually splashing down centre console left hand side from under plastic side cover and dribbling down side carpet.

Checked scuttle drains - all clear. Then read about air con drain. Dried carpets and foam etc - took forever and driving now with a/c off - no more leaks.

Read about air con drain blockages so put car on ramps and removed the 6 bolts and brace panel under the front exhaust to enable me to lower front heat shield. However, unlike non CC versions, the CC has a silencer/catalytic box here and not the straight length of pipe I've seen on other images so the heat sheild doesn't come down much. Twisted and bent it as much as I could and had as good a look as I could but could not see drain. There was an area right at the top of the heat shield that I just couldn't see.

So question: where is the drain and how best do I access and clear it?

robbie1003
Learner Driver

Re: Air Con drain clear. How?

Postby robbie1003 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:48 pm

i remove the kick trim of the "prop tunnel" on the righthand side, managed to stick my fingers between the floor and the catchment tray of the evaporator to feel for a rubber conduit drain and squidge it a bit, you will know when its cleared as you get alot of water running on the floor. the access under the car is covered by the exhaust ally insulator, in the future when i get time
im thinking of removing a bit to better access the drain hole.

Return to “Megane CC”