So what next for megane cc

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

So what next for megane cc

Postby wanda » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Is Renault going to make another cc for the new megane?

Ashers
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane CC

Re: So what next for megane cc

Postby Ashers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 am

8-) German design,with the sad demise of Karmann, the wizards behind the concept it's doubtful unless Renault can find another coach-builder to do the job,they might still hold the design rights for the roof it could have been lost with the last model who knows .come on all you budding automotive engineers submit your designs to Renault and get them to take a tin opener to the new model!https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=26282#

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Thats how mitsu lost there colt (I think it was) cc horrible little thing that it was drove awful.
They fell out with karmann becuse they wanted the roof pattern off them. Karmann said no so goodbye colt cc.
I am sure it was colt it was and still is mitsu smallest car...
Shame for karmann I have to say this meg roof with all its weight still is the smoothest all off in this class and mine on stella miles at 13 years old still drops that roof into the boot smooth as ever better than er in doors 07 plate 50k pug 307cc. Well done diamond of doom however I have heard the mk3 cc lets more water in than the mk2 do which is quite disappointing as I was looking at them for my next change this year...... ah well it might be a mk2 two ltr dci then. 8)

Ashers
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane CC

Postby Ashers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 pm

My introduction to open motoring was with Renault I had a Caravelle LHD US spec in 1968,neat design it's a shame the romance would have to stop after 50 years.Living in the south of France the Megane CC comes into it's own the top's down more than it's up in the summer.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Looking at competitors just about all except very expensive bmw and mercs still do a metal roof... (or is there a new pug cc?) others seem to be moving back to soft top. I hear its all down to money.

I am not so sure a soft top is as durable as the hard top.

bjac
Currently Drives:: honda crv 2.2ctdi. megane floride cc 1.4tce

Postby bjac » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:27 am

hi , my wife has had 2 mk2 megane cc ,s , petrol & diesel, she recently bought a mk3 megane floride cc , in reply to chrism , i can assure you that the car is leak free & dry , the 1.4 engine is far better than the other two , the build quality is very good & its a smooth , quiet & responsive drive . she loves it , i replaced a headlight bulb last week & the headlamp unit clips off easily giving access to the bulbs, no more scraped fingers. there is a drainage system on the rear windows so hopefully no more replacing temic window modules . this car is a giant leap forward from the previous model & we would recommend you buy one, hope this has helped all our fellow cc owners,

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:39 pm

A floride eh.... 130bhp I really like them have my eye on one at present.
Tell me though in all honesty what is it like compared to the 1.9dci does it lack in pull I have read a few reviews and they all seem to be lacks pull on hills, I know the Mk2 1.6 petrol is flat and I know many on here will jump on me for this but in truth it is.
Before I bought my 1.9 I tried quite a few 1.6 petrols as they where lower mileage and cheaper but they all lacked pull with 3 adults in me, the wife and salesman it really struggled to climb hills and accelerate a lot of gear changes going on I found the 1.9 better but not brilliant no pull low down until turbo is kicking in again people will put me straight but after 7 years in this car I know its weak spots. Things like.
Rear window seals....crap
Hand brake ..novel idea but crap.
The seat belts if you are not 6 foot rub on the side of the seat.
Front door and scuttle panel drains ...... crap
Headlamp bulbs..... don't even start on that....
To name a few but no car is perfect but would still buy another.
As for not leaking excellent keep your seals clean and drain holes clear as acording the the renault tecs thats the biggest issue weak spot they tell me is the joint across the back over the rear seat keep it clean but it is as said only shower proof and thats the truth. Must find a 1.4 locally to try but at £210 on road tax it better be impressive considering the wifes 2 ltr sport pug comes in at £180 and thats like a missle unchiped as well.

bjac
Currently Drives:: honda crv 2.2ctdi. megane floride cc 1.4tce

Postby bjac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 am

hi , i dont drive the floride very much, but when i do i find it to be quite powerful for a 1.4 , we live in a very hilly area & the car climbs hills far better than the 1.6vvt , its a while since we had the 1.9 dci so i cant remember how that drove , i can remember the dreaded dpf on it though , continually blocking & needing recharging , it cost us a fortune in repair bills , as i said in my previous post , my wife loves her floride , its stacked with toys, nav , heated seats , etc . the road tax is a bit steep for a 1.4 , & its not great on fuel , 31 round town ,my 2.2 crv beats that, not had a long run in it yet ,but ill let you know the mpg figs when we do . i treat all the seals with 1z rubber care fluid , its washed every week & its never let a drop in .

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:31 pm

I can imagine dpf does block on the 1.9dci.
It very low revving on motor way mine can do 70mph @ 2000rpm (or did before it was mapped) which I kind of guess is why it is quite flat and hasn't got as much "pull" as you would expect from 120bhp taking into consideration its weight I supose something has to give to mpg and emissions.
If I do a week to work n back on motorway in 6th (about 15 mile round trip) boy does it spit some smoke out which I would expect at over 140k but the low revs don't help I just leave it in 5th to force higher revs.

Return to “Megane CC”