How rare?

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jonashuk
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1. 9TD 130 but Monaco edition

How rare?

Postby Jonashuk » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hi guys, I've got a Renault Megane CC II 1.9TD 130 Monaco edition which I've owned for 3 years now and in all that time I've never seen another on the road and I travel the length and breadth of the country with work. I'm just wondering how many are actually about? I've been on the 'how rare is my car' site which reckons there is 86 on the road but that's Megane 1.9TD monaco editions which I assume includes the normal Megane models as well not just CC's
There are 2 currently for sale on auto trader but they're the 2.0ltr petrol variants.
So I'm beginning to think they're quite rare?
just a curiosity thing more than anything, but how many do you guys know of?

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: How rare?

Postby wanda » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:27 am

I think with special editions they are limited in number maybe to 100.... but must make it more valuable :cool:

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Its the karmen model that makes me laugh. ... what is that exactly?
Asked two different owners on ebay one said it has special leather seats in it (same as mine they are from the original full leather pack option) and special wheels (same as my oe original wheels) so nothing special going on there.
The other had on board nav and 6 disc changer (same as mine had the cd changer and the carminat nav pack added)
So yet to find out what the karmen edition is apart from they both said it has a badge in front of rear wheels like all of us have in homage to the quality merc roof this model has
So to anyone...........
What is a karmen edition
Monaco is a proper edition they have had that all through. But karmen..... please enlighten me

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: kia Optima
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Postby bidderman1969 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 am

mines a "Karmann" edition, makes it £300 more expensive........ :D

in my eyes anyway

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 pm

What is it though?
You had expression, authentec, monaco and privilege for comfort and dynamique and renault sport for speed if you like (excuse spelling).
They are all trim/model levels
Monaco being a sportier type with swish red n black leather and I think white dials on some.
Nobody knows in my local dealership what a karmann edition is can't even find it on thier system apart from its the roof maker.
Asked on ebay person listed everything I have apart from nav and told me its on a plaque in front of rear wheels????
So you have one, so what makes it a karmann edition as I have no idea and neither does my renault mates its not listed anywhere apart from its on the side of vehicle... but they have it on its a renault boast about roof quality so please enlighten me. I have asked this question so many times now and got more confused.

bidderman1969
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: kia Optima
Citroen C3 Pluriel
Renault Megane CC

Postby bidderman1969 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 am

AFAIK, its just the roof maker, but hey, if i can quote it when i sell it, its fine with me, :D :D :D :D

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:24 pm

I reckon its come from used car dealers, first came across it 9 years back when a salesman tried to trick me into paying more for a grey cc as it was the karmann model and quite rare ! What are those u shaped bracket on row boats the ones u put ur oars in....ROLLOCKS that it, similar to what I thought at the time.
Got the same now. Looking at a 1.9dci gt line in white, car dealer tells me it's very rare u don't often get a gt line up for sale and to think after all this time car dealers whould have caught on, the customer stood in front of them is not as brain dead as he thinks they are and possibly knows more about the car than he does.

Return to “Megane CC”