What to do?

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ledwardio

What to do?

Postby ledwardio » Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 am

I've just had my clutch replaced on my Megane Sportstourer at a Renault Independant and looking over the car I now seem to have 3 cracked door handle covers and the 2 luggage tie down points just inside the tailgate seem to be missing.

I suspect these have been replaced and removed while in the garage, do you think I should go and challenge the garage (there's nothing I can prove of course) or just avoid them in the future?

The garage is established and came recommended so it's hard to understand why they'd do this, but they do re-sell used Renaults so it's pheasible that they could tidy a used car up with bits like this but it just seems very short-sighted for a business.

I'm in a quandary, an angry quandary at that :-(

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: What to do?

Postby joeishmather » Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

Confront them, you haven't anything to lose!
Fingers crossed you get a positive result, really can't see them admitting to anything tho!

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Ask to speak to the Service Manager.

Be polite but firm. "It's not acceptable."

Tell him that if he can't resolve the matter then you'll have to take the matter further. Ie. up the food chain to his boss.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

ledwardio

Postby ledwardio » Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks for the feedback.

They are not really big enough for a chain of managers to climb up but I think I'll go and have a grumble, though try and get myself in a negotiating frame of mind first.

Return to “Dealers”