Child Seats - Car Insurance

A place for chat, jokes or anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Pritch558
Currently Drives:: 2006 (06) 1.5 Diesel Megane Dynamique Estate (Black)

Child Seats - Car Insurance

Postby Pritch558 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:08 am

Hi all,

after a bit of advice. My megane was recently crashed into whilst parked up in a car park. It's now been repaired and given back to me all shiny and fixed. Because of the impact, the insurance company has advised me not to use the car seats that were in the car at the time, and to replace them. Once i've purchased my new car seats, they want me to send off my receipts so that they can reimburse me, great!
However, i've asked and asked, and no one at the insurance company can seem to give me an answer, to the following:
"Can I send copies of the receipts, rather than the originals, as I need the originals for my warranties and guarantees."

I have two seats to replace, my son's car seat which is a forward facing group 2/3 seat (i think), and my daughter's high backed booster seat.

Any ideas?

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Child Seats - Car Insurance

Postby Stranger » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:06 am

Can you not ask at the place that you purchase the seats for 2 receipts and tell them the reason?

If not, get laser copies it'll be hard to tell the difference and I'm fairly sure that the insurance will accept them.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Pritch558
Currently Drives:: 2006 (06) 1.5 Diesel Megane Dynamique Estate (Black)

Re: Child Seats - Car Insurance

Postby Pritch558 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Considering the place i'll be purchasing my new seats from is also the place that i'm currently employed at, I happen to know that it is possible to print the receipt twice, however, the second copy has ***COPY*** in a not so discreet format across the top.

I suppose I can just send the copies and see what they say.

Thanks.

Return to “Everything Else”