New Aussie Megane owner

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Purdy
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2

New Aussie Megane owner

Postby Purdy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 am

Hi, have just purchased (4 weeks ago) a 2nd hand 2007 Renault Megane 2 Dynamique (I think that's how its spelt). 71,000km on the clock. 6 speed manual, 2.0l.
We have just had 4 continuous weeks of rain here in Sydney and my drivers side carpet very wet. Used your forum to find problem was with scuttle drains blocked. Have cleared these and now all OK. Looks like my carpet and foam will take months to dry out however. I really don't want to remove seats and carpet etc to get it dry at once.
Very happy with how the car drives. Really like the speed sensitive steering and auto lights/wipers.
Climate control woks well.
Spent a fortune replacing the cam belt, aux belt and all pulleys but I now know I am safe for at least another 100,000kms.
A few little odd things, climate control doesn't stay on recirculate when car turned off/on. All other cars Ive owned does remember last setting.
For fathers day I am purchasing a double Din Pioneer system for it. Uses Iphone for GPS but displays it on screen, much cheaper than GPS system.
Does the 6 speed manual gearbox require its oil to be changed? Cant seem to find info on that.

Great forum with helpful people it seems.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: New Aussie Megane owner

Postby freelanderuk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 am

Hi and welcome to the forum
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: New Aussie Megane owner