Megan 1.5 DCi The Best Model

Introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you and your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Bubbbbbz
Currently Drives:: Ford fiesta mk5. Lol after a megan but need 1.5 best model

Megan 1.5 DCi The Best Model

Postby Bubbbbbz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Im new to the game and young so the Renault Megane Sports are a NO! as insurance will kill me. A shame cant find a 1.5 DCi replica lol

Any ways im confused from working out the 2 best are dynamique or the privilege

For what iv read the Privilege all comes with the GLass Roof?

Is there anything else much different?

Also is there a standard model with Climate Control?

sorry if im being a pain..

I guess ill get a link with a exisitng post as an reply lol

Derekosb
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane CC 1.9 DCi Dynamique
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq12 ... eStrip.jpg

Re: Megan 1.5 DCi The Best Model

Postby Derekosb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm

There was a 1.9 DCi replica for sale (see http://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19542) although it may have sold by now.

In terms of the 2 specifications it will depend on the age as to exactly what they have. As far as I know the glass roof is not standard on a Privilege, it was an option on any of the higher specs.

Dynamique is the second top and could be described as the "sporty" option in the normal range (excluding the top end GT models and the RenaultSports). Privilege is the top luxury spec. On bigger Renault's they also have Initiale spec but I don't think that was available on the Megane.

So it goes Authentique (base), Expression, Dynamique and Privilege.

Privilege should have half leather seats (but often full leather) and climate control. it will also have the 2 tone interior in the lighter colours and a lighter steering wheel. If you are young I suspect you would prefer the Dynamique with it's darker interior and chrome highlights.

The later model cars will have more kit as the spec improved, especially on the Phase 2 cars.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Derek

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Unless you love beige I'd look for a Dynamique with options. There are a lot out there to choose from and many customers specified the panoramic roof and 17" alloys options from new.
The Oasis model came with the glass roof as standard (which keeps it in the £30 tax bracket as opposed to the next tax bracket when the roof was specced as an option).
However, don't forget the other stuff!! Two key cards, service history, check all electrics are working, etc, etc.
Have fun looking.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Strickland418

Postby Strickland418 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:37 am

Megane is a simple and easy car to use. It isn't too flashy but has everything you need and is really practical. This is the car I would recommend to someone who doesn't want an expensive and ostentatious model, however still wants to look good without being ostentatious read this guide.

Return to “Introductions”