Megane II ICE, What fits and Where Can I Get it?

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Billias

Re: Megane II ICE, What fits and Where Can I Get it?

Postby Billias » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 pm

I do not want to open a separate topic.

I do have a Megane II, phase2.
I do have an Update List radio with mp3 support (images
https://bit.ly/1dvAAnk (little bit shacky)
and the display is:
https://bit.ly/1etKfrQ
https://bit.ly/1fCLckG

Is there any Stalk adapter that works properly with the display?
I have had the previous renault, with the authentic Alpine adapter, but i do not know if this version of display has anything working properly with it.

Purdy
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2

Postby Purdy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:22 am

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Megane that I have just purchased. For fathers day my lovely wife is paying for a new stereo for me.
I am getting the following installed:

https://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/2 ... /page.html

This radio can be used with cars existing steering wheel controls (extra part required however)

When the old radio is removed, what happens to the clock in the top console area? This clock shows radio information, outside air temp etc. I assume this clock is powered by the original radio? Will my clock now be dead? I liked the temp information.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 am

when i fitted my in dash set up i had to move the display so i could fit my 7" screen there , my small display was moved to the pocket under the radio and only kept the Temp and clock
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Purdy
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 2

Postby Purdy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks for that,

This must mean the clock is powered separately and only gets some info from the radio.
Good to know.

Cheers

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 pm

The links at the start of this sticky are all dead!

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:01 pm

The links are from 2010 , the company that the links direct to will have changed there website
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

smilergrogan

Postby smilergrogan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:19 pm

freelanderuk wrote:The links are from 2010 , the company that the links direct to will have changed there website

Actually, the domain name no longer exists! That's the problem with adding non-permanent links to reference material. It would have been more sensible to copy the original images and upload them to this site, so that they didn't just disappear.

kinetic
Currently Drives:: 3Dr Megane 1.5 DCi

Postby kinetic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:55 am

hi , im looking to fit a pioneer double din to my 2006 megane, the headunit model is: Pioneer FH-X720BT Double Din

ive been thinking about buying a wiring kit off ebay but not sure if its the one i need or if its more than what i need:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261263765825? ... EBIDX%3AIT

My car currently has TWO headunits fitted,the standard stereo and a multiCD player directly underneath it which doesnt actually work,do we think this would be two seperate cages or a double din cage ? i dont have any remove keys to check that yet,id rather not buy a cage if i dont need too

any tips from any one thats fits a double din lately would be greatly appreciated :)
04 RENAULT MEGANE 1.5DCI 80 DYNAMIQUE 3 DOOR
06 RENAULT MEGANE 1.9DCI 130 DYNAMIQUE 3 DOOR

PhilWainwright
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane CC (57)

Pumpkin Sat Nav

Postby PhilWainwright » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:24 pm

I have just ordered a single din Pumpkin pop-up sat-nav stereo.

I have bought the WinCE version (because there was £110 off)

it comes with a DIN connector, now before I rip the original head unit out of the car do I need to buy any extras? Anything specific for the Pumpkin (if anyone has any experience of this unit)

There is a reversing cam included in the package and I guess the camera will need to take power from the reversing lights. Also is there a pre existing grommet where I can feed the cam wire through?

And apologies for maybe asking silly questions.

I believe the wiring is the same on the android based system.....

If no-one has any experience, I shall post my progress in case anyone else buys one.....

'edit' Have just downloaded the manual, I have attached a pdf-link

https://www.news.autopumpkin.com/wp-cont ... manual.pdf
:grin:
ImageImage

Et In Arcadia Ego

PhilWainwright
Passed Theory

Next Steps

Postby PhilWainwright » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi All,
I did say I would update my posts as I went along, unfiltered but hopefully a thorough documentation of my journey. (not advertising, just saying where I got stuff from.... it may be helpful)

So, I have my Pumpkin Wince 6.0 head unit.

I want to keep all my displays, and use my existing stalk controls.

The next step is to get my wiring harness for my car...

I have chosen Car Audio Direct to get my harnesses from. I called them and explained I have a 57 Megane CC 1.9dci. They asked if I could send pictures of the current connections.

I was quizzed specifically about the little yellow plug.

I sent the following images via email to their sales support.

I got the impression that there is some difference in the loom depending on fitted equipment levels at the time of manufacture. Having read some of the posts, I am caused to think that this is why a solution for some people that is 100% either fails, or does not perform the same for the next person in apparent identical situations. I was even asked if I had reverse sensors as that changes things. I must say the chap seemed very knowledgeable.

The images I sent are 'hopefully here' Image
The aerial lead on the new stereo. Therefore I need and ISO aerial adapter.

This shows the existing aerial connection in the car.

This is the hole that will be left when I remove the old stereo. I have a facia supplied with the new stereo, hopefully it will fit, otherwise I will be on the hunt for a proper facia. The new stereo comes with a single din cage.

This is an overview of the existing head unit wiring. (note the all important yellow plug)

This is a close up of the all important yellow plug.

There is also a specific patch lead required depending on the head unit being fitted. This is specific to the car and the stereo you want to fit.

I explained I had a Chinese head unit, and the chap immediate knew which lead to offer.

The Harness is a CTSRN005.2

and the patch lead (it is a drop down option when buying the harness) as is car/equipment and stereo specific and specific to the harness just purchased..... Just to complicate things.

Anyhow I bought the PA-CT multi-lead, as recommended. Total £49.60 or something close..

I was told I needed an aerial adapter but I got that from fleabay for a pound.... including postage. I would have been rude not to buy it..... :D

The next three challenges will be to fit and apparent teach my can module how to behave, fit the stereo and work out how to get the antenna lead for the GPS to the dashboard top without making a mess.......

hope this is useful to anyone starting this process. And finally the bits I was told I needed were all midrange prices, it did not seem I was being exploited for being a n00b. I checked on the website whilst I was ordering,,,,

Now I wait for postman. If I feel necessary, I may video the more interesting parts......

Step two will happen the day all the bits are here. I hope to be able to have a clear run.

Once all the bits are here, I will take hi-res pictures of every step and component, also showing any soldering or other connections.

And thank you stranger for your advice, here is the edited post, complete with pictures.
Last edited by PhilWainwright on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Et In Arcadia Ego

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:43 pm

STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

PhilWainwright
Passed Theory

Hmm- Wiring arrived

Postby PhilWainwright » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Well, all my wiring adapters have arrived..... Weather today has been the same as the fitting instructions that come with the adapters.

That is to say that they are sh... cr... ar.... rubbish :cry:

It does not even show which way round the can-bus module should be fitted. No instructions, no mating pins nothing.

As the weather has been, shall we say, inclement? I have decided that tomorrow is the day that I shall try to make head or tail of this.

As promised, I shall post all the pictures and also any link to components or instructions. I think I shall have to be very careful here, I do not want to damage my new stereo.
ImageImage

Et In Arcadia Ego

Return to “ICE”