Newish Member with USB thingy question!

In Car Entertainment stuff (speakers/stereo/sat nav/etc...).

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IzzieBee

Newish Member with USB thingy question!

Postby IzzieBee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi All

I have a new Megane Dynamique - stupidly I didn't get the USB iPod connection put into my CD player when I bought the car (I'm sure it's got a posh name but you all know what I mean).

Now I'm not sure what I'm asking for or how much it should be costing. I've been quoted £280 (fitted) by my local Renault dealership which seems extortionate!

Is this something I can fit myself and what am I looking for?

Thanks in advance.

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Fitting is it not difficult: Just plug the connecting cable into the cd changer's connector at the back of the radio (find out the radio's code before removing it!), then mount the connector box in a convenient place.

The 'thingy' is called Renault Tunepoint or Renault Audio Connection Box. I bought mine through eBay for €140. That's what, under £100?

You can view some pictures of mine here (the text's in Finnish but the pics should tell enough about the fitting).
2,0 16V 6-speed manual: Image - Image

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Postby jay the spark » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:18 pm

now i like the look of that ive got the same headunit in my focus but as i cant read finnish how do you get the meganes display to show the same as the pioneer unit

Paulaq01

Re: Newish Member with USB thingy question!

Postby Paulaq01 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 am

Can someone please help.. I have 2 different codes at side of radio but my megane. One is G777 which I substituted G with 0 then u have 1994.. does anyone have the code to fix this radio. I battery was disconnected and I haven't had radio in months

Return to “ICE”