Diesel Tuning Unit - KingQuick Technologies

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlydiesels

Re: Diesel Tuning Unit - KingQuick Technologies

Postby onlydiesels » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 am

could anyone post a link to kingquick on ebay for me please?
i don`t seem to be able to find anything from them :oops:

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:10 am

Just sent you a PM :cool:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 am

thanks for your help. :cool:

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:31 pm

I've got one of these fitted and it makes a great improvement in MPG from fill to fill
the extra power and torque is great for over taking too
Now correct me if i'm wrong please
My 1.5 dci had 86hp as standard and now a claimed 104hp and 200?? torque now 240
the 1.5 106 has 106hp and 240?? torque
Surely by fitting this box i am still within Renaults own figures for this engine?
I'll take it off if the engine blows up
Steve
look up kingquick_co_uk on ebay thats where i got mine
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 am

steve the postman wrote:My 1.5 dci had 86hp as standard and now a claimed 104hp and 200?? torque now 240
the 1.5 106 has 106hp and 240?? torque
Surely by fitting this box i am still within Renaults own figures for this engine?

I could be wrong, but I think the dCi 106 has an intercooler, meaning the air that's been compressed in the turbo is cooled down before entering the engine, making it denser. This further increase in air into the cylinder gives the extra power. The remap will get the power increase by feeding in more diesel. So you're probably not stressing the engine/gearbox any more than Renault do anyway.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

steve the postman
Pass Plus
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS

Postby steve the postman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 pm

The 86hp has an intercooler
the same engine without intercooler is in the clio at 68hp
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS

Postby steve the postman » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:09 pm

I tend to stick to the legal limit of 70mph so the 100 mph engine fail i'm not worried about
Engine had only 1500 miles on when i put box on now stll only 5000
I see where your coming from and i would not dream of putting one on a high miles car
Steve

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:40 am

No problem with either of mine :wink: :wink: :grin :police
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

GTDave
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane 2.0DCi GT 150 Mineral Blue 3 Door Sport hatch - Tune Point - Folding Mirrors - Handsfree Card - Phone Kit

Postby GTDave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Has anyone with one fitted done over the 100 mark just to test eddies comments? Just curious...

Think I have decided against a tuning box as i wanted the premier box at £250, but for £350 I can have a propper remap from rapidremap and get better results, and its still undetectable by renault, and can be reversed any time you want...

Still think they are a good idea though... Magazines and TV shows dont seem to try to warn you off them... which they would if there was an epidemic of people getting their Dervs ruined by these things...

GTDave
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane 2.0DCi GT 150 Mineral Blue 3 Door Sport hatch - Tune Point - Folding Mirrors - Handsfree Card - Phone Kit

Postby GTDave » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Doesnt really take it away...

main reason people buy diesels is cus if you do a fair few miles you will save on fuel costs as they are more economical...
Get a remap or a tuning box and a lot of the time it makes it even more economical...

Also, like me I wanted to reduce fuel costs but would also like performance... So I bought the diesel Megane GT, currently doing around 48mpg on average... and after getting remapped shoud aparently return an extra 2-5mpg but also go from 150 to 195bhp with extra torque too...

So it doesnt take it away... it makes it even better!!! Cus my other option would be to get a petrol... so if I get a 225 I would be looking mid 30's in terms of fuel consumption and after a map if I am lucky maybe mid to high 30's...

So diesel with a map or tuning box still acheves its goal and a lot of times makes it even better an option...

GTDave
Just Passed

Postby GTDave » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 pm

that is true in theory... but if you have an accident, to the extent where you have to claim off insurance theres a good chance ur car wont run... and if it doesnt run they cannot test boost pressures etc... to see if it is mapped or not...

Plus everyone I have heard of being in an accident the insurance company have never done any tests, they just assess the damage to figure out wot work needs doing or how much its worth... I had a car drive into the back of me and pushed me into the back of an unmarked police car in my clio... it had an induction kit, 18" alloys, lowered, bucket seats and a motorcycle race exhaust off a Kawasaki ninja that had "track use only" stampted on it... they sent an engineer out and he didnt say a word about any of it and I hand delared any of it...

It is a risk... Once I have had it done I will tell them when I renew my insurance as they want £800 extra from £560 a year... but next year declaring the map have been quoted around £450 with other companies.

Just try not crashing :D haha

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby busternlouie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:55 pm

GTDave wrote:Has anyone with one fitted done over the 100 mark just to test eddies comments? Just curious...

When i had my box in the previous shape Clio dCi 100, if i went over 100mph the engine management light used the flash up now and again.
See THIS THREAD.
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:15 am

On the very few occasions that I have ventured above the 3 figure mark in both cars (I value my license too much) I have not had any issues what so ever? I have had to turn the setting down on the box fitted to the Clio as it had a slight misfire in 3rd gear when under load but other than that no problems what so ever. Performance and fuel economy have greatly improved on both cars and in my opinion they have been a worth while investment.

Just spent 2 weeks battering around the Highlands of Scotland in the Clio and it's not missed a beat, it's averaged 61MPG over 1400 miles and been great fun to drive.

My advise if you are going to buy a tuning module or have an engine remap done is use a reputable company that offers back up and support and has good customer feedback.

:cool:

lholland421
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.5 Renault megane dci 57 plate

Postby lholland421 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi guys just seen this post and looking at getting one, i have a 2007 1.5 dci 86 bhp, cant seem to find a link for the 86 bhp version just the 100 bhp one. also seen a few of you saying about the 100 mph engine fail? whats this about?

my car has 89,000 on the clock, would it be bad to put it on this?

thanks

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Will be selling mine in April as getting new car its for the 86hp 1.5dci
pm me if interested
Steve

Return to “Modifications”