Re: Diesel Tuning Unit - KingQuick Technologies

Postby lholland421 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

HI steve i have PM you, let me know if you dont receive it thanks :D

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: Diesel Tuning Unit - KingQuick Technologies

Postby MilosB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm to lazy to read all but I see, people get confused about these tuning boxes and what they do.
These only increase the pressure on the fuel rail. the ecu then by the O sensor reading adjusts for the time for injection.

The response from the seller "The recommended setting is as the module was sent but each 1mm of turn
clockwise will steadily increase the aggressiveness of the profile. At the
point the engine rattles or feels lumpy is the time to adjust back a little," just proves my point. as the injectors have to overcome the pressure in the rail to open up, when the pressure is to high they just can't open and a few psi under they work very poorly and causes the underlined symptom.
the onboard fuel consumption meter can't be accurate as there is more fuel passing through the same period of time. for example, till now, 1min of flow would equal 1ccm, now, it equals 2ccm,
as the fuel demand hasn't changed, lets say it is 1ccm the opening time is 0.5min. now the ecu will think it has injected only half of the original amount eg0.5ccm.
as the fuel pressure rise is not so high the fuel consumption isn't that low as in example.

it is true that a shorter fuel pulse will give better responsiveness and slightly more power. but no way far as 30% without increasing the amount of air introduced to the engine, enabling more fuel to be burned.
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Modifications”