fx35 bi-xenon projector retrofit in ph1 hid headlights

For all stuff related to modifying your car

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

fx35 bi-xenon projector retrofit in ph1 hid headlights

Postby MilosB » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:34 am

I decided to keep the OEM xenon headlights, which save me from a loot of hassle, as they have the ballast mounting points, auto height adjustment and have projectors (who would thought :D )
this is how they look like :)

they use valeo d2s 2.5" low beam only projectors.
they have god output (wide and not to much foreground)
the width of these is double to the hella e55s used in MBs and BMWs

these use valeo d2s ballast that have their separate igniters. they are fast (I cant compare to any other OEM as i don't have them side by side)

My fx35s with tsxr lenses.

The lens wasnt snug fit so I stipped a wire and fitted it beetween the lens and inner dia of the lens holder.

Tuned the output to be straight and soft. It is true that a sharp cutoff is nice but as loot of my driwing is at night and I dont want to strain my eyes unnececerly.

However they are jost as much better to the original valeos as the valeos are better then e55s . They are just a bit wider and put out more light as they are bigger, so more reflective surface and a loot kore than simply the size. I dont have a dslr to show the difrence bettween these. However it seams they put out more light through the lenses. And I am pleased.

I had to cut the front part of the projectors very much to fit inside but that should not be a problem

A liitle cutting on now left projector
ImageImageImage

In headlights, barelly clears the oem front part, test fot wothout the mounting bracket

ImageImage

after a lot of trimming of the mounting bracket and projectir, the projector fits :D :D :D

now i only have to wait for the replacement chip for valeo ballast repair to arrive and

And i still have to buy two connector to redo the headlight wiring as they use different sockets and signals from the cars UCH (they alone cost 30 $ :( , but that is still way cheaper than ~ 250 $ for a whole xenon headlight wiring)

(please sorry for the bad english)
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: fx35 bi-xenon projector retrofit in ph1 hid headlights

Postby MilosB » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 am

finally DONE :Banane15::Banane15: I received the morimoto xb55 ballasts. and fitted it to the car, I am so pleased with how classy it look and how it lits the road.

Morimoto xb55 in stock ballast place, it is all nice and sealde off

In the end I didnt bought the oem headlight connectors as they are very expensive and I wanted to leave the stock wiring once the car gets sold i can put back the oem halogen lights so I sourced two trashed halogen headlights and took out the connector. I used a relay for each ballast and each relay have its own 15A fuse, just to be on the safe side if one blows the otther will still shine the road.

once soldered and heat shrink wrapped it is all sealed with silicone

Let there be light :Banane04::Banane04:Image

still to go:
buy osram bulbs, these are philips should be brand new, they are genuine but they are mismatched color :D (or I put in the old osram bulb in one, but than where is the other new philips bulb gone :fruitsex:, i have a gremlin in a house that keeps hiding mi stuff.

halogen projector fog lights
auto headlight height adjustment, these headlights use step motors to control the height of the light and on the car the stock is servo motors. so I cant really use the same signal.
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Modifications”