Some quick advice needed..

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

blocky

Some quick advice needed..

Postby blocky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Basically I'm looking for another Megane.

More so a ph2 1.5 106bhp Dynamique version.

What sort of mileage would be expected out of said engine? I don't do that big mileage really.I've looked at a few and one in particular was 2008 with 59,500 on the clock, £5,500. It has panoramic roof, CD changer, hands-free etc. and also a sports kit and spoiler added, tinted windows aswell. Would that price be about right or bit on the high side? Its the price and the mileage that are holding me back on it...

Any advice would be great. :) :)

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Some quick advice needed..

Postby joeishmather » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I would've said high.. There was one on eBay, classified add by a dealer 48,000 that as far as I could tell didn't sell at £4,200
What's the price by Parkers online or what's my car worth?

blocky

Postby blocky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah its reading £4800, but then with one having sports kit, spoiler tinted widows etc. maybe pushing the price up a bit. I could work on the price bit i'd say.

What you think of the mileage? Would she last another 25,000 without too much bother?

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 am

Lol, I still love how people worry about cars mileage.. So long as its regularly serviced itll be fine! Mines on 64,000 ish and never had an issue.. Dads car is on 220,000! I was in a merc taxi the other day, he do airport runs, it had a whopping 360,000 miles I know that's a meek but by most diesel engines are well built and will last..

Regarding the price being bunped up by sports kit etc is rubbish, don let the seller tell you that, if anything it could end up harder for them to sell, people stay clear of potential boy racers!

Has it had the belts changed?

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”