Sort of Pre-ownership....

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Watson21
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2007/57 Megane Renault Sport 175dCi.

Sort of Pre-ownership....

Postby Watson21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:56 pm

First post on this forum in a good few years after leaving French in favour of Japanese, hence it shows I joined in 2005 but haven't posted anything recently :oops:

Anyway, I'm back to French from next Saturday when I'm due to pick up my Megane Renault Sport 175 dci!
I'm curious about a few things though.....post-sale queries if you like.

It has HID headlights with washer jets....are these self-levelling usually?
When I queried its timing belt status I was told it was a chain so no changing was necessary. Surely it has to be changed at some point?
I noticed that the centre console, where the digital display is and CD player etc, has a bit of an odd appearance - almost as though the previous owner has tried to spray it or something. Is it easy to replace or remove to spray or vinyl wrap it?

I noticed when looking up facts and figured that there's a LUX version too, what's the difference between that and a normal one? How could I tell whether mine is the LUX version?

Thanks in advance of any info you have ;)
2007/57 Renault Sport 175 2.0dCi in Silver.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: Sort of Pre-ownership....

Postby taffyhl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:02 am

Re: timing chain. This should last the life of the car, certainly 200k miles. My Primera hit 197k on original chain, clutch, etc before rust killed it.

If the chain does stretch it would be costly to replace but that really shouldn't happen.

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”