Hello

Any questions you may have before you buy or receive your car can go in here!!

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BALY

Hello

Postby BALY » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:18 am

Hello,

I am seriously considering buying a used Megane. I sat in my friends car ( diesal 04 plate) and was very impressed by the car.

I currently drive an Integra Type R and need something more refined, relaxing to drive and a diesal.

I like the Megane, the shape is cool, the trim is very modern, its spacious as all the mod cons. I am not looking for speed, handling and all that ( i've done that), but I am looking for the same reliablity as my current car.

I will do a search on reliability issues and service costs, as the Megane must at least be on par with my current car.

thanks

Baly
:)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Hello BALY

Can't say that the Megane is up to Honda's reliability standards but you get good and bad cars from all manufacturers.

I will say go for as new as possible as build quality and reliability greatly improved on newer cars, (2005 onwards) Others may disagree with this? :?

The Phase I MeganeII you have the choice of 1.5dCi 80 or 100bhp engines, or the 1.9dci 120bhp (6 speed). All have 18000 mile service intervals.

The phase II Euro IV engines have the choice of 1.5dCi 86bhp or 106bhp (6 speed), 1.9dCi 130bhp (FAP or None FAP) or the new 2.0dCi 150 bhp all with 6 Speed box's. All have 12000 mile service interval except FAP fitted cars which are 9000.

Several different trim levels all with lots of standard goodies. Service cost's are a bit pricey but you can always opt for none Renault servicing to save a few quid.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

BALY

Postby BALY » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:14 pm

thanks for the reply IanMW.

appreciate the information. :)

baly

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:28 pm

If you want refinement then the Megane will fit the bill, it's very nice wafting along the motorway in quiet, air-conditioned comfort with loads of torque under your right foot whilst also knowing you are doing 60mpg and only paying £35/year road tax!

I would say go for the 100hp as a minimum, and ideally a facelift car as the trim quality, overall refinement, and steering feel is improved over the earlier cars and they brought the service interval down to a sensible level so less likelyhood of turbo trouble down the line.

Strickland418
Passed Theory

Re: Hello

Postby Strickland418 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:59 pm

I am seriously considering buying a used Megane. I sat in my friends car (diesel 04 plate) and was very impressed by the car. To be honest, I didn't know much about solutionhow.com them because I had always seen them on road shows as an affordable alternative to German cars. But since that day, curiosity got the better of me and I started looking into them more closely.

Return to “Pre Ownership Questions”