Faulty 2008 Magane Hatch looking for a new home.

Selling something? Post in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Lok169
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault Megane Hatch, 1.6 auto

Faulty 2008 Magane Hatch looking for a new home.

Postby Lok169 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:28 pm

So I have a Blue 2008 1.6 VVT automatic Renault Megane hatchback.

Short version: there is an intermittent engine problem so we have decided to replace the car rather than play the lottery or seeing is a garage can find/fix the problem for less than the car is worth. AT this point I don't expect to get more than scrap value for this car, bu the wife and I are both sentimental and it was out first car, so I'm hoping someone might be willing to take her on.

Longer version: The car drives fine when it drives, but after she's been driven for a while, or driven then left sitting for a bit the engine refuses to start, the starter spin but the engine never catches. After she's sat and cooled a while the engine will start normally and one a cooled day )under 20C) she will run perfectly normally. It's not as simple as the engine over heating, or at least the temp gauge never goes over half way. There are a few other, more minor issues with the car which I will detail if anyone is interested, but I don't want to waste too much time typing as I suspect this is a lost cause and the car is getting scrapped.

I'm hoping someone who either knows more about engines than me or is willing to take a punt on sending her to a garage might be interested in buying at a very low price.

I will, or course, provide pictures, details and any thing required if anyone takes an interest.

I am NOT looking for help diagnosing or fixing the problem, I've bought another car, I'm done with this one and i'm just trying to save her from the scrapper.

YK58WJFstuart
Currently Drives:: 2008 Renault Megane Dynamique S 1.6

Re: Faulty 2008 Magane Hatch looking for a new home.

Postby YK58WJFstuart » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:41 am

Hi, did you dispose of your car?
I have a similar car that needs parts or it will suffer the same fate.
Is yours a good donor?
How many miles is it on.

Return to “For Sale”