CHECK INJECTION

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

marty22
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.5 dci

CHECK INJECTION

Postby marty22 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:56 pm

I have a 2007 megane 1.5 dci which has check injection displayed on dash. Dealers have carried out diagnostic that showed nothing. There is no running faults only when starting cold it gives off a lot of white smoke with a nasty fume smell with-in cab but clears after a few seconds. When starting warm it shows no signs of smoking. I had been advised check injecters could be glowplugs and I have checked all four but all seem to be in good order, the dealers want £600 to start investigating and have already warned it will be more. Please someone, has anyone any ideas what the problem may be?
I have also replaced fuel filter and replaced egr valve after dropping valve trying to clean it, has anyone any other ideas what may be causing this problem as I really dont want to be going to a dealer to allow them a liscense to print money.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: CHECK INJECTION

Postby tomalamix » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Ok, try this in order:

1- Check glow plugs, there is a tutorial in this forum
2- Clean EGR valve, there is also a tutorial in the technical notes section
3- Leak test the injectors - if the problem is one injector it should memorize some error on the ECU
4- Fuel pipe punctured - if the problem is one punctured pipe it should memorize some error on the ECU also

Post back

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:27 pm

White smoke is either unburned diesel, or coolant. If you have no codes, monitor the coolant level and the condition of the engine oil. Oily coolant or sludgy oil might indicate a head gasket failure.

A small amount of fumes is normal. How much are you talking about?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

marty22

Postby marty22 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:13 am

I have checked oil conditions and coolant condition and all looks in top form and showing no signs of head gasket gone. the smoke is pretty bad when first starting cold enough to choke anyone stand near by, but clears again after a few seconds (approx 10 secs) and is good again all day, the smoking only occurs when starting cold. Still needing loads of help PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL

nickuk8
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 DCi

Postby nickuk8 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am

ive just got over the same problems, turns out, or at least renault have said the injectors were not coded to the computer. car seems back to normal now...

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 am

injectors not correctly coded will have that symptoms no matter if its cold or warm, and doesn't go away after 10-15 seconds.

marty22

Postby marty22 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Renault have offered to re-code all chip code for the sum of £200 as they believe it could be just a car comp problem, do you believe I would be throwing more money away?????

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm

yes, i do. if the smoke goes away after 10 15 secs the problem is not an injector coding fault. But if you which that much the car stops doing that smoke and are whiling to pay that 200 to the dealer and they can warranty you that the problem goes away is your call, but they have to give you the warranty that the problem goes away, otherwise i think its a shot on the dark.

cheers

marty22

Postby marty22 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Could I be jumping to conclusions by adding 2+2 and coming up with 5. When you add a redix in the fuel tank would this cause the smoke only when starting cold but it was added properbly about 2-3 tanks ago now??????? the check injecter highlighted on dash is the only thing shouting at me telling me there could be a propblem as it has now been there for about 2 months in which I have driven car most days including a cornwall trip 5hrs each way with no signs of any problems and the car has not had any oil needed to be added so its not burning excessively. So puzzled ?????

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Hmm - were the diagnostics read using a OBD II reader or by a Renault Clip computer?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

marty22

Postby marty22 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:14 am

The reading was done by renault, when they approached me waiting in reception they told me it may be injecter two but no errors showed up, only after they told me this was gonna cost me £600 and may be the problem and I questioned it telling them I didnt or most people have not got that kind of money to take a chance it just might fix error on dash. It was another machanic came out from the works area and said it may be comp error and for £200 they would wipe clean existing and re=boot existing, but I still feel as if there clutching at straws. Regarding what machine they used to carry there diagnostic I wouldnt have a clue but it was done by renault.

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 pm

If the CLIP doesnt get it i would go for the leak test (option 3 in the beginning of the post). the car is not all electronics, there are mechanical parts that can perish...

the dealer can do that test, i dont know why they didnt do it, or at least they havent told you that that did. Can you ask them if they've performed that test ? After all they've said that injector 2 "seems" to be to blame.

post back

Return to “Problems / Questions”