HELP! indicator bulb blown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Web

HELP! indicator bulb blown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Web » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:12 am

Hi everyone,this is my first time on the forum,and the problem is how do i change the front drivers side indicator bulb,i have a 2008 megane 1.4 extreme,dont want to buy the haynes just yet,would appreciate any help on this matter.............
Cheers WEB....................... :banghead

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: HELP! indicator bulb blown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby freelanderuk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 am

Hi and welcome ,

there are technical manuals at the top of this section ,have a look in them , but I think you will find the bumper has to come of unless you can manage to change them using the access hatch in the wheel arch cover
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:59 am

Stick your arm up through the access panel in the wheel arch (with steering on full lock) and feel for the back of the bulb holder. It's shaped like the stopper on a hot water bottle. To get it out turn 1/4 turn anti clockwise and pull backwards. Once out give it a clean and replace the bulb before putting back. There is not much room to manoeuvre but it's not difficult. When I did mine I cut about 1cm off the end of the bit you grip so that it clears the obstructions easier when refitting.
:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:01 pm

It's easier to remove the wheel. In case of any problems don't waste time and remove the whole bumper and the light. They are easily removable.

You don't need Haynes, the factory workshop manuals are in the sticky thread above this one.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”