Renault megane cc 1.5 Dci 106 bhp - no power and Check injection

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Victorcosmescu
Currently Drives:: Renault megane cc 1.5 dci - 2006

Renault megane cc 1.5 Dci 106 bhp - no power and Check injection

Postby Victorcosmescu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi guys,

I have been reading all the forums for the last while but I can't seem to find an answer to the problem that I have with my Renault Megane 1.5 dci - year 2006 - 106 bhp. The car starts first time no problems ut while driving there is no power until you reach the & 65 mph. At that point the Check Injection message apears togheder with the spanner and after that the power is back on at any speed and gear. So far my mechanic said first thatbit is the EGR so he cmtook it off and clean it but he said it wasn't that bad. Then he said is the MAP sensor so bought a new one but still the same issue, then he said that one injector is loosing compresion so he took it off and cleaned it and replaced some copper seal or such and now thatbis fine but the symptoms are the same. Timing belt and all the things attached to it changed, fuel filter changed, oil changed, water temp sensor changed the diagnostics he said it is only showing the break pedal sensor and he thinks that is what is causing all this but I don't want to change any more parts until I am not sure that it will fix the issue. Also to mention that once the engine stops the error disappears and the low power is back. Also he said that all the codes from the injectors match so no problem with that.

If you have any ideas I will really apreaxiatte it.

Thabks for reading

Stevie67
Just Passed

Re: Renault megane cc 1.5 Dci 106 bhp - no power and Check injection

Postby Stevie67 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 am

Reading this forum would indicate that brake light switches can cause power loss problems, apparently they tell the injection computer that you are braking, therefore limiting the supply of fuel.

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

There's also the possibility of low fuel pressure..

Victorcosmescu

Postby Victorcosmescu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Right, do you know if a faulty one will cause the Check Injection to appear on the dashboard ?

Stevie67
Just Passed

Postby Stevie67 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:15 pm

I have only read on this forum that the brake light switch can cause some bizarre behaviour, do a search for brake switch and or injection fault.

Victorcosmescu

Postby Victorcosmescu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:53 pm

So I have changed the break light sensor but still the same thing is happening. Out of ideas here! Does anyone have any other sugestions ? What could be disabled when the check injection message apears that the car is running fine after ?

Stevie67
Just Passed

Postby Stevie67 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:23 am

I am sorry to hear that the brake switch did not solve your problems, but if nothing else it has ruled that out. From you original list of symptoms, I immediately thought about the EGR, but you have also ruled that out, then you mentioned fuel pressure, do you have any pressure readings from your machanic? Have you got bubbles in your clear plastic fuel lines at the pump?

Victorcosmescu

Postby Victorcosmescu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 pm

I can't see any bubles in the fuel lines , the fuel filter was changed as well but still no luck. He didn't mention anything about the fuel pressure. I will go to a garage that has the CLIP diagnostics because I think it is the best option.
I was thinking that it might be the fuel pump but it doesn't have the Delphi on so probably is not the common problem with the disintegration.
Well sure I will keep you guys posted !

Jimbostlawrence
Currently Drives:: Renault Grand Scenic 1.5dci

Postby Jimbostlawrence » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Hi guys, this is EXACTLY my set of symptoms - No power / gutless, and then suddenly "Check injection" comes up on the dash (same car btw) and I have tremendous power again! Once I stop the car and restart, loss of power. Then (if I'm lucky, after 15 minutes driving, suddenly power kicks in with the "Check injection" message on the dash. Once I have power, it keeps the power.

I did have a faulty EGR valve as I took it out cleaned it only to then find that the little 'wiper' / plunger inside the outer housing wasn't giving a changing resistance with position and the engine was pulsing while driving, so I guess the EGR valve was cycling - found a replacement EGR on Ebay for £55 / fitted / no longer pulsing, but this overall intermittent loss of power remains, until 'it decides' to give it back to me again (with the Check injection message)...

Would really love to get to the bottom of this. I've not checked my brake pedal switch - I assume that if this was engaging (and causing a loss of power), that I'd have brake lights on at the back at the same time?!

Did you ever find out the issue at your end?

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 am

Jimbostlawrence wrote: I've not checked my brake pedal switch - I assume that if this was engaging (and causing a loss of power), that I'd have brake lights on at the back at the same time?!

No, that is not correct. The brake pedal switch (actually in the passenger footwell of right hand drive cars) contains two completely separate switches, and it is perfectly possible for the switch to be faulty but for the brake lights to still function correctly.

Return to “Problems / Questions”