A/C dripping water inside the car.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

A/C dripping water inside the car.

Postby dwgendy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 pm

I just had the 60 000Km service done, Now I noticed that the A/C is dripping water on the floor inside the car (front right side)!! This is the first time I see this, I never had this problem before.
Anyone know why is it doing this? Is it something simple that I can fix or do I have to go back to the Renault idiots?
Cheers,
Wael.
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Did they disinfect the A/C system? If yes, then it might just be the remains of the expansive, disinfective foam whose remains are dripping from the front footwell ventilation channel under the glovebox.

Or then the A/C vapouriser's condensation water drain pipe might be blocked or dislocated and the water draining inside the car instead of outside and under like it should.

If it's not one of those then it might be something nastier... I have no clue what, though.

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

Postby dwgendy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:28 am

Thx Finn. I have it schadualed for Tuesday to be checked. I Think it has to do with the drainage thuogh. I left it in the sun all day yesterday to dry as it was all soaking wet (Egyptian sun can surprisingly dry anything + disinfect it). It was ok by the time I took it for a ride at night. I drove for a while without the AC and still it was dry, but when I couldn't take it any more (36C at 11pm) I turned the AC on and there you go, a while later I saw water in the foot mat. I hope it will be a simple as an obsructed or dislodged drain pipe.
We'll see when the check it. I am also trying to get them fix the steering wheels knock noise on driving over speed bumps. They have no idea about anyhting here at the Renault dealer. COMPLETE IDIOTS.
Thanks again for the reply.
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

Return to “Problems / Questions”