rear washer

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

john10001
Pass Plus

rear washer

Postby john10001 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

I had my rotary switch replaced 2 months ago. Yesterday was on my way home in bad rain and tried to use my rear wiper but the thing is missing from the stalk! :cry

What to do?

I haven't had cause to use it until now but looks like they fitted a different one to the one I need as now don't have rear wiper or washer at all. Can they just replace the stalk with the one that has the correct rear rotating bit at the top or does it mean I have to get different whole rotary switch again and are they likely to do that as I only just noticed 2 months later? :banghead

My question though is where does the fluid for the rear washer come from? Is it the same bottle as the front?

Thanks

John

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Re: rear washer

Postby Toodeep » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 am

It's the same bottle and, I think, the same motor. It sounds like they fitted a stalk from the sedan. Their mistake - make them put it right!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: rear washer

Postby Stranger » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 am

Toodeep wrote:It's the same bottle and, I think, the same motor. It sounds like they fitted a stalk from the sedan. Their mistake - make them put it right!

+1
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Return to “Problems / Questions”