1.9dci with a drinking problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

vilguy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault laguna 1.9 DCI & renault megane 1.9DCI
Also a CR500E Race bike, My custom built dakar bike, Aprilia futura rst1000, kx500F (cr500 kxf hybrid) and my zx9r. PHEW!

1.9dci with a drinking problem

Postby vilguy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 am

Morning Chaps,

Finally driving around in the meggy that i rebuilt the other week and loving it, but there is deffinetely something up with it, the mpg is very poor indeed.

I could easily get 50mpg out of my 1.9 dci laguna, but even driving like the safest granny in the world, im getting 36 ish. Now i do have the check injection fault, which im putting down to a glow plug but im having fun getting the buggered one out, because its head is damaged and just rotating (great!!) but it never goes into limp mode or anything.

Anything to check that massively affect fuel consumption? EGR??

Drives beautifully, smooth, powerful etc no problems.

I should add its just had a brand new turbo, full service (oil, filters, cambelt, etc) tyres / brakes are all good.
Just sitting there at the traffic lights i can visibly watch the average consumption fall quite badly! No smoke or anything out of the back though.
Megane 1.9 dynamique 2003 - its actually all fixed!
Lagune 1.9 dynamique 2001 - dying!
zx9r road/track bike
Cr500E race bike
DR750 Dakar Rallye bike
KX500F - hybrid race bike

mave17ick
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.9 DCI 120 2005

Re: 1.9dci with a drinking problem

Postby mave17ick » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 am

Hi
Is this round town MPG ? as to be honest the mid 30s is all i get from my 1.9dci 120 round town take her on a run and she hits 55mpg odd.

Return to “Problems / Questions”