Engine Mount Dropped..!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

UK.BladeRunner
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6i Dynamique VVT 3Dr Sport (57 Reg)

Engine Mount Dropped..!!

Postby UK.BladeRunner » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 am

After a 36,000 mile service yesterday the stealership notified me of 2 issues with my car, one of which I already knew about after last weeks M.O.T (Break Pads down to 15% ) This I am addressing next month, but won't be getting the Dealer to do that work, thank-you very much!!

The other thing they mentioned was that my Engine Mount/s had dropped a bit and was causing vibration in the cabin! Hmmm.... Have never really noticed any vibration either to the Steering Wheel, Gear Stick or anywhere on or around the dash!!

They quoted me £221.00 to do this and said it would take an hour to put right!!

Are these engine mounts very expensive as a part then, estimating that the labour would be anything between £60-80 for the hours work!

Can any garage do this and for cheaper?
Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch. | 57 Reg |3 Dr | Manual Gearbox | Panoramic Elec Sunroof | Cruise Control | Speed Limiter | Air Con | Elec Windows | Elec Mirrors | 6 Disc CD Changer | Front Fog Lights | Keyless Entry & Start

mave17ick
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.9 DCI 120 2005

Re: Engine Mount Dropped..!!

Postby mave17ick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi the mounts around £115-£120 any one can do it its an easy DIY job i did mine in 30 mins.
No one sell them after market either QH Did but the withdrew the mount for some reason.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Engine Mount Dropped..!!

Postby davelowe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 pm

I agree with the above. The major top mount can be replaced with an 18mm spanner and 16/18mm socket. Put a jack and a piece of wood under the sump and raise to lift the engine by 5mm. Unbolt, replace. 15 minutes tops (including finding the tools).
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

tom t
Currently Drives:: renault 5 gt turbo
megane II

re: Engine Mount Dropped..!!

Postby tom t » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:04 pm

i need to do this job. and just rang renault and they said 120quid which i think is ridiculous. is it really that much of an easy job? im pretty confident i could do it myself if so.
also will it just be the part which bolts to the cars chassis that needs replacing? or will the part on the engine also need replacing?

i see all the bolts on the chassis. but is there any bolts on the engine side of the mount that i will have to undo to replace it? any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue is really annoying now thanks again tom

also could anyone help me with how i can fine my engine code? so i can confirm i get the right parts? thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”