Check door locks message help!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jontiguk
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 1.5 dci

Re: Check door locks message help!!!!

Postby Jontiguk » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:22 pm

I know this was posted some time ago, however, i was having the same issue for the last couple of months.I fixed it today by literally just pressing the child lock switch on the drivers side set of buttons on and off and the spanner light on the dash went off and the message has cleared

Alunagolf
Currently Drives:: 2006 megane
Honda crv 2008

Postby Alunagolf » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:18 pm

I have had this message quite a few times ,and have found if l toggle the switch on and off ,it clears the problem .worth a try

bobbaldilocks
Currently Drives:: Megane 2's and a Grand Espace and a 330d m sport Touring

Postby bobbaldilocks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:14 am

I guess with it's location on the drivers door arm and with the moisture and muck it's feasible that it's susceptible to the switch contacts losing connectivity but by toggling it on and off a few times it cleans the contacts and restores connectivity..just a thought because it's not a switch that is often used perhaps?

revver
Currently Drives:: 07 renault megane
02 vw transporter
Kawasaki zzr1400

Postby revver » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:31 pm

Evening all, I to am having the same issue but with a twist. The car keeps trying to lock / unlock it's self whilst stood outside with the card in my hand. The only way it stops I'd by putting the card in the reader and starting the car. Has anyone had this happen as well.

Return to “Problems / Questions”