Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out. FAULT CODE DF015

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ljames555

Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out. FAULT CODE DF015

Postby ljames555 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:38 am

History over the last few weeks in order.

Car has had a strange juddering fault which jams the car from doing anything, disconnecting the battery solved this and this juddering only happened if the car was stalled we put it down to the faulty key card (very rarely did this).

Car has been in 2 car washes within a couple of days once with the engine running (women!!)

After a cut out(on the way back from the car wash) it got a injection fault message and I tested the glow Plugs and replaced all four. Message gone and car working fine.

We've had a dodgy key for a while and after a repair I footed the £120 for a none geniune key.

Car worked fine until few days later just cutting out unexpectedly did this once every 4 journeys in the car a quick disconnecting of the positive terminal and engine running fine.

Now this fault occurs between 4 mins - 15mins very intermittent. Either waiting 10 mins or disconnecting the battery fires the car back up and mechanically working fine.

After a cut out the upc box goes mad clicking but Im thinkng this is because the car has cut out.

I've cleaned the upc box with contact cleaner and used dewatered electrical spray( the upc box has had some sort of water ingress there was a few corroded joints.

I've Tried to make the car cut out by moving wires and checking for insulation breaks but with no luck.

I have yet to open the ecu up and check for water ingress.

Car recieves a electronic fault and service message, getting the lad who did the key to hook it up this afternoon hopefully.

** DF015 main relay control circuit**

Any experiences of this ?
Last edited by ljames555 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l111fsh
Currently Drives:: Renault Megan Mk II 1.9 Dci Coupe Convertible (Black)

Re: Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out

Postby l111fsh » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:43 pm

have you checked the connections on the inlet side? mass airflow sensor getting a little damp and shorting out may possibly cause intermittent problems.

ljames555

Re: Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out *FIXED*

Postby ljames555 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:29 am

Didn't get it diagnostic checked in the end and risked £80 on a 2nd hand upc (engine fuse box). Car started with a smokey start and ran for 35 mins until I got bored and switched it off. It would cut out between 5-15mins before.

Now the car auto locks on setting off (never did this before).

The fault must of been further corrosion within the circuit board which was unreachable and would it be wise thinking the fault was something to do with the injection side of the control box just with having the smokey start on the new box?

ljames555

Re: Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out

Postby ljames555 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am

Take that back. Got back in and won't start waited 2 mins and started. Back to square one.

ljames555

Re: Megane 2005 1.5 dci intermittent cut out. FAULT CODE DF0

Postby ljames555 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:05 am

Seen as though there hasn't been much input can anyone help regarding the fault code DF015 ?

Main relay control circuit.

Return to “Problems / Questions”