Megane 1.4 16v vibrations and power loss

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mattierogers95
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.4 16v oasis

Megane 1.4 16v vibrations and power loss

Postby mattierogers95 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi there, I currently have a 55 plate megane 1.4l 16v petrol, I have recently came across some problems and just for some information, I'm quite mechanically minded and more than happy to have a go myself, I've never been to Renault dealer with the faults and I'm trying my best not to.

The car has a noticeable fast vibration at about 1100 and 2200/2300 rpm any other revs the car runs smoothly and Also smooth in between it just seems to be at 1100 then smooth then when it hits 2200 the vibrating begins, then goes smooth there on after, I can also feel vibration and movement through the drivers an passenger seat when idling but the vibration isn't as bad. At its worst I can feel it through the steering wheel, arm rest, footwell and seats. It can also be felt when the car is static (not moving) and also both with the clutch engaged and dis engaged.
Along with this I have noticed a loss in power, not so good acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear and a drop in my fuel economy - mpg.
I've been told it could be engine mounts or misfire.
Although I cannot hear any obvious misfire I was convinced I did have a slight one considering I have some power loss,however I've done some
Checks;
Up to now I've replaced 2 out of three engine mounts (one still looks good), replaced 4 plugs, tested all coil packs (pencil type) by pulling out one by one and listening for a change and there was a noticeable change meaning the coils were good, also checked resistance on all and they're all the same readings. I also seen and heard the spark so I'm confident the coil packs aren't the problem.

I'm now thinking the power loss and poor fuel economy could be fuel pump or injector however I don't think this would cause the vibration. Should also mention there are no Lights illuminated on the dash and there never has been

Any help would be great thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”